August 14th Oasis Fighting on Ship

During my Dream cruise several teens were being seriously rowdy and security contained them near Guest Services and paged their parents threatening to put them off at the next port if the couldn't control their kids! I wonder what happened.....

During my Dream cruise several teens were being seriously rowdy and security contained them near Guest Services and paged their parents threatening to put them off at the next port if the couldn't control their kids! I wonder what happened.....

Unexceptable, those kids should not have been given a second chance like that. If they cannot keep their kids in line, kick them off the ship. Stop spoiling the vacation for everyone else on board.

Don't know, but heard 10 from the Dream were removed for fighting..what is wrong with people??? So stupid!!:(

Don't know what happened on your cruise Sparkle but here is the latest news from the August 18th fight on the Dream.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/18/Cruise-passengers-kicked-off-after-fight/UPI-14121282149661/

Hope everything was ok on Oasis. What is going on with these ships? :eek:

That could be a problem that's more prone to happen on the bigger ships.

There is more anonimity on the bigger ships so more opportunity to play the fool.

Absolutely agree. Over the years, we've seen a real correlation between the size of ship and the civility of the passengers. I think that being on a small ship is like living in a small town -- people think twice about being rude to strangers, since they know there is a probability that they will see them again! :p

Unexceptable, those kids should not have been given a second chance like that. If they cannot keep their kids in line, kick them off the ship. Stop spoiling the vacation for everyone else on board.

I was on the Dream during its stop over in NYC. We were cruising during Thanksgiving so there were quite a few kids on the ship. That Incident happened during the first sea day and it was two days to Port Canaveral so I guess thats why they gave them a second chance

We all know what is going on.

Common decency is taking a back seat to poor manners and a sense of entitlement. Cruise ships aren't immune to the same kind of bad behavior that is common place today.

Lately we've heard about fights over cutting in buffet lines..saving of seats at shows and at the pools...songs being played in bars...

I agree...morons all.:(

We all know what is going on.

Common decency is taking a back seat to poor manners and a sense of entitlement. Cruise ships aren't immune to the same kind of bad behavior that is common place today.

Lately we've heard about fights over cutting in buffet lines..saving of seats at shows and at the pools...songs being played in bars...

I agree...morons all.:(

BINGO. Welcome to the world of "Me" and "Entitlement"...no different then the clowns who think they are entitled to ignore the 'rules' and wear shorts/jeans to the MDR at dinner.

Common rules of decency and respect quickly flying out the door...And as the ships get bigger and the cruise lines digging deep into the gutter more and more for their passengers I would't expect a change soon.

On my first cruise I was a total idiot-didn't bring formal cloths (didn't want to)..so on formal night I skipped the MDR and ate in the buffet..stupid me thinking and respecting the MDR that night was for those who wanted to properly particiapte in a "formal and elegant evening".

Damn, I forgot the world is all about "me", what was I thinking?

Archived