What was the BEST Cruise you ever took?***

The "best" cruise was a "Mediterranian-Go-Round" on the Italian Line's "MichaelAngelo" It was 1974, 21 days R/T from NY. We stopped at several Italian/Mediterranian ports. I think it was $500 pp (not a deluxe suite) The food, music, ambiance.....the whole trip was like being in Italy for 3 weeks. I was 21!

• 1 month later...

The Michaelangelo was the tops.....no one did it like the Italian Line.....

The "best" cruise was a "Mediterranian-Go-Round" on the Italian Line's "MichaelAngelo" It was 1974, 21 days R/T from NY. We stopped at several Italian/Mediterranian ports. I think it was $500 pp (not a deluxe suite) The food, music, ambiance.....the whole trip was like being in Italy for 3 weeks. I was 21!

• 1 month later...

You're so right! Italian Line was tops (well....Home Lines tied with it) but then again, it was kinda' sorta' was the stepsister of the Italian Line. However, I liked the Da Vinci more that the Michaelangelo or Raffaello. I liked the size better and I thought it rode better. I thought there was a lot more vibration on the "M" and the "R".

The trip across the Drake Passage from Tierra del Fuego was very rough on the Marco Polo and about half the passengers and several crew members were sick. However, that was soon forgotten by the beauty of Antarctica and the ability to walk around on a continent few will ever visit.

Part of what makes Antarctica so spectacular is what is not there; no shops, no bands blasting music, no one trying to braid your hair, etc. What IS there is a sense of what the world looked like before humankind set foot on the continent and nature was not threatened.

Absolutely the best place I have ever been and I will rerurn.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's hard to pick just one! It would be a toss-up between the old Sun Viking in the Caribbean and the Brilliance of the Seas in the Mediterreanean. The Sun Viking was the smallest RCI ship but was a lot of fun. We got to know the other passengers and it almost felt like a private yacht. The captain had his family onboard and would push his little baby around in his stroller. We loved the Brilliance cruise mostly because it was our first time in the Med. and the entry into Venice was unbelievable. I'll never forget it. The whole cruise was gorgeous.

Archived