Enchantment of the Seas 9 Night MDR Menus

Took photos every night of the MDR Vitality, Starters and Main Courses menus from the August 12 Enchantment of the Seas 9 night New England and Canada sailing.

Only one is missing - from night 8, when we overslept, ran into the dining room 40 minutes late and asked our server for whatever they had left. We actually ended up with a really good tilapia!

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Day 1:

4914677141_4a0438c5c5.jpg

4914677929_eea32480ef.jpg

4915281992_e360e2fd87.jpg

Day 2:

4914706441_f648b4950e.jpg

4914705123_1248ccdd54.jpg

4915309338_af532a3a7e.jpg

Tuffy,

Thanks for posting the 9-night menu. I have a question...I thought that the formal nights on a 9-night would be the 2nd (lst full day at sea) night, and the 8th night. The menu for night seven show lobster, but I thought they only served lobster on formal nights. I am assuming that the menu that is missing, night eight, was a formal night. Am I correct about nights two and eight?

Thanks,

Tuffy,

Thanks for posting the 9-night menu. I have a question...I thought that the formal nights on a 9-night would be the 2nd (lst full day at sea) night, and the 8th night. The menu for night seven show lobster, but I thought they only served lobster on formal nights. I am assuming that the menu that is missing, night eight, was a formal night. Am I correct about nights two and eight?

Thanks,

We had formal nights on nights two and seven. Perhaps they changed it to seven because that was a sailing day (going from Halifax to Boston)?

And, you're right, they only served lobster on formal night #2, although they did have shrimp and things with shrimp in it on a few other nights.

Again, thank you SO much! I have been looking for these. We don't plan to eat in the dining room at all and after seeing the menus, I am sure if that now. Not that the menus wouldn't work for me, but nothing grabbed me enough to want to bother. This cruise is 100% casual!

I know it's a personal decision, and that we always eat in the dining room because we like having a more dressy dinner, but the food was all pretty decent. Even though nothing on the menu's grabbed me and made me say "wow, I am so excited to have that," nothing we had was bad and a few things exceeded expectations.

We have always eaten every meal in the dining room, done formal nights to the max, etc. But this time we are going as we please and not bringing nice clothes at all. Maybe I will hate it that way, we will see. I do like night 4 though now that I look at it again. We will probably go night 1 as well, just to see who our table mates are. If they are good ones, might just go ahead on the 7 unformal nights, who knows.

• 9 months later...

I sailed on Enchantment twice, last last year and in January this year. The first time I sailed I ate in the MDR and suffered through every awful meal. The last time I went, my friends and I ate in the Lido every night. No reservations, no dress code. The food there was absolutely top notch. There were food stations for pasta, Indian food, good old American comfort food, as well as a terrific cooked to order stir fry station (Thai?). It was SO much better than the MDR. I have been on 33 cruises (leave for the Med on Celebrity Monday next) and can tell you this for a fact. Even a waiter from the MDR told me that so many people were not eating in the MDR the place was practically empty most nights. I hope RCCL corrects this, but I doubt it. I wrote a scathing condemnation of it after the first cruise and only got a form letter back and nothing changed. Trust me, the buffet at night is the place to be.

Archived