Grandeur 5-day MDR Question

ali_cat

Hey guys

We're going on a 5-day cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas in Oct, and eating in the MDR. I have a couple questions that I can't seem to get definitive answers on.

Is there a "formal" night like on Carnival? If so, what night is it and just how formal/dressy is it?

What's the dress code like every other night? I can kind of figure that shorts are out, but would a nice pair of jeans and a good top be ok? Or more dressy than that?

I'll be on the 5 night GOS in 14 days! :D And there is suppose to be 1 formal night, 3 casual nights and 1 smart casual

And I grabbed this from the web site....

Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

*faceplant*

Ok, well...we have some shopping to do then. :p More for the casual nights. If even a nice pair of trouser jeans aren't appropriate, then we all need some clothes. lol

And BBallPop? Guest Ticket Booklet? What's that?

*faceplant*

Ok, well...we have some shopping to do then. :p More for the casual nights. If even a nice pair of trouser jeans aren't appropriate, then we all need some clothes. lol

And BBallPop? Guest Ticket Booklet? What's that?

It's your e-doc's that you print off of the RCI web site. It has your need to know info like reservation ID, itinerary, transfer vouchers, cruise ticket contract, etc.

*faceplant*

Nice trouser jeans with a nice top will be fine for casual nights. :)

There will be fashion police here on cruise critic who will write a dissertation on how that is not what you are supposed to wear and why can't people follow the dress code and why do people think jeans are acceptable and good Lord what has happened to society and on my last cruise my heavens someone was actually admitted to the dining room wearing cut offs and ......

Ignore them. :D

Archived