Which hotel would you stay at?

Julia & David

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport North and it was a very nice hotel.

Nice rooms, very helpful clerks at the desk and the complementary breakfast was very good. They are across the parking lot from a strip mall that has a few places to pick up some last minute items you may need. There is also an Italian-type restaurant and 2 fast food restaurants in that area. I would use this hotel again with no hesitation.

we are scheduled to stay there on fri. before our cruise. Was going to post the same question myself. Wondering what is near the hotel. Someone said across the street is a strip mall, is there a place to get wine, beer? Water, soda at the strip mall. Also any decent restaurants close by, withing walking distance. Or anyplace close to take a taxi to get any of these things. Also they provide breakfast in the Am, what was that like. Thanks for any replies.

We stayed at the North twice and took their shuttle to the ship once. The other time we went out of Miami. The shuttle was very good and will actually take you to restaurants around the area in between the runs from the airport.

The strip center has a grocery store and also had a liquor store in it.

The breakfast is the standard Hampton breakfast which has a very good variety of hot and cold foods. :)

thanks, that was a big help now i don't have to worry about finding another hotel with stuff near it. We were suppose to fly in at 3pm now the airlines changed our flight and we don't get in until around 6 so will have to do all our shopping and find a place to eat. I suppose we could also do some in the am. Did you bring any water, soda etc. on the ship?

I live locally and sometimes use Amerisuites on 17th St. which is near the port and has all the shopping and restaurants you want/need within walking distance. They also shuttle from airport and to pier. Their breakfast is comparable to Hampton; perhaps better. If you still have time and the price is right, you might want to consider them.

I always carry on water in addition to caffeine free diet pepsi. The cruise lines have all Coke products and I'm a Pepsi girl.

Arlene

I've used the Amerisuites, thought it was so so and the shuttle arrangement in the a.m. was very bad. I think I'd stick with the Hampton if I were you. Unless they've arranged a sign up sheet for their shuttle, people were very rude to each other trying to be first. It was not pretty, I ended up rescuing an elderly couple and shared a cab with them to avoid getting pushed and shoved. I'm not even exagerating.

Susie

One thing I would suggest you do if you have signed up to take the shuttle to the port -- check how many are scheduled to leave with you. One time when we took the shuttle, there were about 16 people signed up for the same time for various cruizelines, and they brought in a bus-type van that had a trailer behind it for the luggage. The bus was about a half hour late from the 11:00 a.m. time scheduled. It took a long time to load the bags and when we got to the pier, the driver had to sort out our luggage, which took another 20 minutes or so to do. We said if we had known that, we would have called a cab and been there in 10 minutes. Just a thought.

We would still use the Hampton Inn North again!

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn Stirling Road twice because it was less expensive. It is across the street from a large mall in case you forget something you'll need for the cruise. It also has breakfast and shuttles from the airport and cruiseport. Maybe because it's out of the way there was never a crush to get the shuttle to the boat. They were very nice both times. We got in latish both times (6 and 10pm) so didn't care about what was nearby in terms of evening entertainment.

Although it hasn't been mentioned, I vote for the Sheraton FL which had the most comfortable pillow-top bed we have ever slept in a hotel before.I got it for $59/night on Priceline and it has a airport shuttle.Good food in their bar as well.I'm never too concerned about hotel shuttles since I'd rather just cab it for $15-$18 and get there when I want.

Have a terrific cruise!

Julia and David

You didn't say what time your plane gets in to FLL. If you arrive in the late afternoon or evening I would go for the least expensive because it'll just be a place to sleep while you're waiting for the cruise. If you actually have a day in FLL I think I'd go for something closer to downtown so you can walk around or use the water taxi. As I said, when we went the Stirling Road was about $25 a room less expensive than anything else comparable. It seemed silly to do anything else. (We did have a day post-cruise and I booked that downtown for about double what we paid for the Hampton but I feel it was worth it for the access to the city,etc.)

Sorry, I probably just confused you further.

chamima,

We get in around 1:30pm. There are four of us altogether. My Mom and her best friend are travelling with us and this is their first cruise. They probably won't be up for much walking so we will probably be ok at the Hampton.

Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it.

cruiserforlife and holton,

Thanks to both of you also.

Archived