Sea Lions St. Thomas

mef38

My family really enjoyed it. It is expensive, but it was a great time and we have a lot of great photos from the excursion. The maximum is 4 people and we had 3 in our family, so it was the three of us with 2 sea lions. They did tricks, we got in the water with them and they did some more tricks, then we did some photos outside of the water. The staff takes photos the entire time. They burned us a CD which was something like $49.00. It was ready in an hour. After the swim, we went to Coki Beach for a while.

My wife was not thrilled when I told her I had booked it. But after, she was really glad we did. Along the lines of the swim wit the dolphin programs. I'm not sure I would do it again, but I have wonderful memories from the day.

My family really enjoyed it. It is expensive, but it was a great time and we have a lot of great photos from the excursion. The maximum is 4 people and we had 3 in our family, so it was the three of us with 2 sea lions. They did tricks, we got in the water with them and they did some more tricks, then we did some photos outside of the water. The staff takes photos the entire time. They burned us a CD which was something like $49.00. It was ready in an hour. After the swim, we went to Coki Beach for a while.

My wife was not thrilled when I told her I had booked it. But after, she was really glad we did. Along the lines of the swim wit the dolphin programs. I'm not sure I would do it again, but I have wonderful memories from the day.

I did this a couple of years ago too. It was so much fun. Definitely once in a lifetime. I had booked this independently, but someone said that they only book through the cruise ship now:mad: (probably doubling the price) I tried emailing them, (Coral World) but never got a response.

My 7 y/o son and I did the sea lion swim in Jan 2010. We were on the Pearl and I had looked at Coral World ahead of time and decided to get off the ship and head there and take my chances with signinh up for the sealion experience. We lucked out and were grouped with 3 others for a total of 5 people. Got great pics and we got the CD for $20. I'm sure the price has gone up since Jan.

We enjoyed it, explored the rest of Coral World and then went to Coki Beach afterward.

If you do this on your own, I'm not sure about the sealion swim unless you can make arrangements ahead of time. Also plan ahead and leave the area with plenty of time to get back to your ship. I don't remember how long it took to return to the ship, but There was a lot of traffic and I was worried about getting back on time. We returned with 15min to spare which was way too close for my comfort. I usually plan much better, but the traffic was a killer

Archived