C-2 on Infinity to a Sky Suite (surprise)

Clamqueen

I have changed our reservation from a C-2 on the Infinity to a Sky Suite without telling my husband. This is our 40th anniversary cruise and I thought I'd surprise him. Has anyone else done something like this? Were you able to keep the secret until you arrived in your cabin? Did you live long enough to tell the story? I'm pretty sure he'll be happy, the cost was not something we couldn't afford. Just curious if anyone else has done this.

Should work if he doesn't see the invoice, credit card bill, or the luggage tags :). At check in it could get interesting because his room key. That would be about the end of it. Doubt if you could get to the room door without him knowing. Good luck.

I have done the same thing for our 9/12 cruise on Princess. DH thinks we have a Caribe balcony booked but I upgraded us to a mini-suite on the Emerald deck several months ago. For those who don't know Princess there are only 12 of these (with fully covered balconies) and they are very popular. I am so excited to lead him to this cabin and have him be surprised. He won't have a clue about the luggage tags!

We will be celebrating our 30th on this cruise - congrats on 40! Hope your surprise is an awesome one!

I upgraded our inside cabin for an aft corner FV cabin with a huge balcony four weeks prior to our Century TA in Dec.08 and never told DW. It was really funny following her into the FV cabin, after the ship's person who guided us to our cabin's location, opened the door.I had our video camera running so got her comments saying it was a very large cabin for an inside and asking why there was a curtain at the back.

I have changed our reservation from a C-2 on the Infinity to a Sky Suite without telling my husband. This is our 40th anniversary cruise and I thought I'd surprise him. Has anyone else done something like this? Were you able to keep the secret until you arrived in your cabin? Did you live long enough to tell the story? I'm pretty sure he'll be happy, the cost was not something we couldn't afford. Just curious if anyone else has done this.

If your husband is like mine and leaves all the organising [including check-in at the port] to me, you'll have no problem. Have a great anniversary on Infinity. Have you booked the SS United States for your anniversary dinner? I would highly recommend it.

Sue

Archived