Food & wine theme cruises on MSC?

JezzaC

We are having our first cruise on Msc Fantasia January. The cruise is "Food & Wine" theme cruise so would be nice to know if anyone has been on those "special" cruises? And what did you think about it?

I have tried to look for Msc Fantasia restaurant wine lists on internet but haven't found those. Seems that they aren't on the internet but does someone happen to have pictures of those?

I've not been on a Food & Wine one but have been on other themed cruises with them. They are similar to a normal cruise excepy there are other activities around the theme. I've attended wine talks before on other talks held by the onboard Sommelier. They covered the history of wine over the centuries and also all the different wine growing regions in Italy. Talks were held in multiple languages. I've also seen the chef's do food demos before, so I'd expect your cruise to also feature that as well. Unless there are a lot of English speakers onborad (not that likely), any talks or presentations you attend will not just be in English.

Don't have pictures of the ine list but the Fantasia's is the same as the rest of the fleet. Almost all Italian wines (in fact I'm struggling to remember there being any wines from other Countries). It's about 8 pages long with a good selectioon of white and red and some rose and sparkling. There is also a premuim section which has some excellent wines on it like their Barolo or the best of the reds is the Amarone de Valpolcella at around 75 euros. Not cheap but outstanding. having said that there are lots of reasonably proced Chiantis etc at around 18-25 euros per bottle.

Archived