Booking Shore Excursions

Nanatochase

We are booked on the Emerald next month. If we book a shore excursion before the cruise, do we pay for it when we book it or is it put on our sea pass card? I'm hoping to pay for it before we get onboard, but we've never cruised Princess before and I can't remember how the other cruise lines did it. Thank you to all my cruise critic friends that answer me.

We are booked on the Emerald next month. If we book a shore excursion before the cruise, do we pay for it when we book it or is it put on our sea pass card? I'm hoping to pay for it before we get onboard, but we've never cruised Princess before and I can't remember how the other cruise lines did it. Thank you to all my cruise critic friends that answer me.

It will be charged to your onboard account and the tickets will be in your cabin on arrival. :)

One nice thing about princess prebook is that you are guranteed but DON'T have to pay till the end of the cruise. Another nice perk is you can often cancel till often 24 hours before the tour, but do check carefully the cancelation fine print.

Enjoy!

If you wish to pay for your excursions before you cruise, you can call Princess and add money to your shipboard account now. You will pay for it on your credit card when you order it, and it will be waiting for you when you board. That way when your excursions are charged to your account on the ship, they will be deducted from the credit you gave yourself. ;)

This is probably a silly question, but I am a newbie! :p

I would also like to pre-book but I am aware that the cruise we're going on next year might not make it into every port (Iceland and Greenland might be hit or miss). If this happens and we'd booked an excursion we wouldn't be charged for it would we?

Also does anybody have experience of booking private excursions? Do you book those in advance, (the internet would make these things so easy!) or investigate and arrange/ pay on the day?

Thanks for any help.

This is probably a silly question, but I am a newbie! :p

I would also like to pre-book but I am aware that the cruise we're going on next year might not make it into every port (Iceland and Greenland might be hit or miss). If this happens and we'd booked an excursion we wouldn't be charged for it would we?

Also does anybody have experience of booking private excursions? Do you book those in advance, (the internet would make these things so easy!) or investigate and arrange/ pay on the day?

Thanks for any help.

No, you are not charged for a tour that couldn't take place. As for private tours, yes, do your research and book in advance. One of the best ways is through your roll call, where you will be exchanging ideas with your fellow passengers.

Some private tour operators will not charge you for the tour if the ship can't make it into port. However, there are some that either require payment in advance which is not refundable, or they will charge your credit card anyway, even if your ship can't get to the port. Be sure to get the payment arrangements in writing via e-mail.

Archived