GLBT Cruises out of Bayonne or NYC?

Johnny Yen

If you think the people on here are boring, why are you asking us for advice?

If you find most cruisers boring, maybe cruising isn't the vacation for you?

I have never heard of a gay cruise leaving out of the NYC area, personally. If you're looking for "young and sexy" you might want to stick to the club scene. Even on gay cruises, people come in all sizes, shapes, colors, and ages.

Dear Sweet Cruise Critic,

It is with deepest regret that I admit our relationship is toxic.

I've tried to join the shiny people who seems to take so much joy away from fetishizing every aspect of cruising... Which dessert should I eat? Will I find a towel elephant or dog? Where is the best coffee on board? ...but all I wanted was to meet relaxed vacation people who go with the flow and have a good time. Be they old, fat, gay, or otherwise. I cannot sail against the wind any longer.

Goodbye, and I wish you nothing but the very best in the future!

• 3 weeks later...

The only advice I could possibly make would be to take a gay charter maybe Atlantis that is geared towards heavy party party party. It will mean sailing out of a port other than New York.

But even on a gay charter, there will be a diversified crowd......and some the poster will find boring. Then again, defining boring is different to many. If complaining is seen as boring...that can be found on any cruise. If being lazy is boring.....many need down time from a hectic life and they will be found on any cruise.

If circuit party atmosphere is necesary.......seek out the appropriat charter cruise.

I hope the poster finds what he is looking for. As I dont like being criticized I wont do it here.

My only comment is .....I dont mind boring people...I can make my own fun...but if you are rude.......leave me alone.

Etoile...you go girl......keep cruising!

Woody - You figure out which cruise you're doing yet out of NYC in January? (Gem or Jewel?) :)

CM- we(SO and self) discuss this everyday, still up in the air. IF we decide to do NCL it will be on the Jewel, your input made that choice. We waitlisted the cabin of choice (OS or GS) on EOTS for 1.16.2011 but may jump back to Jewel.

Hoping to make a final decision shortly. Wish we could do both, that would make the decision easy, LOL.

CM- we(SO and self) discuss this everyday, still up in the air. IF we decide to do NCL it will be on the Jewel, your input made that choice. We waitlisted the cabin of choice (OS or GS) on EOTS for 1.16.2011 but may jump back to Jewel.

Hoping to make a final decision shortly. Wish we could do both, that would make the decision easy, LOL.

I envy your ability to drive to either the NJ or NYC ports. It's a little harder for us out here in the metro-Boston area. Going last minute would be a nail biter for me... not to mention work would not like me too much either. Keep me posted. I have the little roll call going here. Haven't joined the big one over in the NCL roll call areas. Will do that next week when the departure date is three months out. Trying to stay focused on school. My escape is cruising though. :o:D

Archived