LIVE from Coral Princess sailed Sept 4th

Bowlersbus

Good afternoon - we sailed on Saturday the 4th.

Here's what I know so far!!

The internet on here is OUTRAGEOUS!!! Slow so it sucks up all your minutes and expensive (for those of us that are NOT Platinum or Elite members)

500 mins = $175

250 mins - $100

150 mins - $ 75

100 mins - $55

or PAY AS YOU GO - $.75 cent a minute.

YIKES.

Vancouver Booked on priceline - and won Hyatt for $75. I was worried. When I called about airport shuttle I was told that they no longer provide that. STRIKE 1 - so I thought.

Let me tell you - we finally got there after midnight. They were the most friendly people. Obviously we were exhausted, they offered to go get us coffee or did we want anything. Checked us right in and bent over back wards.

Ok - we are out of the channel now in Ketchikan. Gotta run up to deck to see whales. Will be back on later.

Customs - nightmare

Enbarking - nightmare.

Will detail later - but really, you have to take things with a grain of salt.

The scenery if breathtaking

Just got off an Alaskan cruise on the Coral Princess on Sept 4th :( I was on the cruise right before yours, which left from Anchorage and ended in Vancouver. I hope you had good weather in ketchikhan- it poured the entire day we were there! Didn't let up for a second and I was soaked after a half hour on Creek Street. Other than that good weather even though they predicted rain every day. There is a whale carcass washed up (sad) on the port side in Glacier Bay (on way in). We saw a black bear eating the carcass and it was the only bear we saw on the whole trip so keep an eye out for that! I'm sure the park ranger will mention it to you as you cruise in. Have fun- we sure did!! Any questions, just ask!

They cleaned it up or the Bear drug it away - when we came thru there was no carcass.

We had exceptional weather. So much that in every port we were - the Shore Excursion people said - THANK YOU for bringing this great weather.

You read so much on here good/bad and try to adjust to how you look at things. I soo should have listened to the Coffee people. UGH!!! I bought the coffee card - what a waste. The specialty coffees were no better than the regular stuff. When we were in Skagway - the Jewelry store had a Starbucks. So I bought 10 Via single packs. LOL Survived the rest of the cruise.

If u are a Bailey's fan - BEWARE The substitute they use on the ship ..umm

forgot the name. Is gross!!!

Archived