Island Princess aft

MQU

Looking at a mini suite #709 aft on Dolfin deck on the Island Princess. Was concerned about movement or noise. If anyone has had cabins in this area would like to hear your feed back.

Thanks, Mary

There is always more movement aft on all ships (which I like) not the I can't walk movement but just a little more roll. There will also be noise from prop wash (which I also like) we often leave the balc door open, it's like sleeping on the beach! don't worry too much and enjoy the privacy and lack of wind while under way.

Looking at a mini suite #709 aft on Dolfin deck on the Island Princess. Was concerned about movement or noise. If anyone has had cabins in this area would like to hear your feed back.

Thanks, Mary

We have had 719/721, they are in a great location to the back viewing area too.

Its a ship and there will be movement.

Not as much as forward.

Noise from what? It is very quiet.

We had very rough seas from Whittier last Sept for about 2 days.

Ths Island handled it well.

We were on the Island's sister ship the Coral in mini-suite D-712 on our Alaska cruise and loved it. The balcony on D-712 (I think this true for the entire D-7XX series of cabins except possibly the last cabin on each side) was totally covered - a good thing for potentially rainy Alaska. We like the location because it is quiet and while some nights there was some swaying, it never bothered us. It is also close to - but not too close - a laundry room and just a few steps away from the the aft viewing area (which is frequently empty). We would reserve in that section again in a heartbeat!

We were on the Baja Deck 737 on the Island in July. I am very prone to motion sickness so I could feel some movement. I never got sick though. I loved the location but the balcony is uncovered. The good thing about our room is it was last room starboard before going out on the deck. Very few people were back there except on Glacier Bay day. I think decks 9, 10 and 11 are laid out this way, with the aft deck.

We've had Emerald 708, 710, 624 and a few others in that area, which would be directly below where you're considering. Very little motion and hardly any noise; much quieter and more stable than Celebrity's Century-class ships, which are the only others we've got for comparison. Love the location, especially for the Panama Canal itinerary.

Archived