Tables for 2 in Blu too close for comfort?

Dena

We have read many good things about Blu; however, a few peple have noted that the tables for 2 are very close together. We experienced this on Princess and it was uncomfortable. These were tables for 2 "in name only" and we ended up talking to our neighbors. When we did not they coul hear every word of our coversation and visa versa.

Is this what Blu has to offer. If yes, would we have more privacy in th MDR in Select Dining and asking for a table for 2?

We have read many good things about Blu; however, a few peple have noted that the tables for 2 are very close together. We experienced this on Princess and it was uncomfortable. These were tables for 2 "in name only" and we ended up talking to our neighbors. When we did not they coul hear every word of our coversation and visa versa.

Is this what Blu has to offer. If yes, would we have more privacy in th MDR in Select Dining and asking for a table for 2?

Hi Dena !

From what I observed, the tables for 2 in Blu are fairly close together. However, the same situation exists in the MDR, so I am not sure you will do much better there. There are a few tables for 2 in the MDR that are not next to other tables, but if you want one of them, you should probably speak with the Maitre'd as soon as you board the ship.

My advice is to stick with BLU, as it's a beautiful venue, and there is always a chance you will have nice tablemates, or they may not seat the table next to you. I wouldnt worry about it.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Just to let you know, the tables for two in the MDR are about 4 to 6 inches apart..& that's probably being generous; however, we had a very nice time with our "semi" table-mates, talked a bit, but felt comfortable talking privately also. From what I've heard about Blu, I would not give up a seat there, & you won't gain any privacy in the MDR. Keep in mind, anyone requesting a table for two in Blu or MDR has done so for the same reasons as you.

Hi Dena !

From what I observed, the tables for 2 in Blu are fairly close together. However, the same situation exists in the MDR, so I am not sure you will do much better there. There are a few tables for 2 in the MDR that are not next to other tables, but if you want one of them, you should probably speak with the Maitre'd as soon as you board the ship.

My advice is to stick with BLU, as it's a beautiful venue, and there is always a chance you will have nice tablemates, or they may not seat the table next to you. I wouldnt worry about it.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks Andy!

Just to let you know, the tables for two in the MDR are about 4 to 6 inches apart..& that's probably being generous; however, we had a very nice time with our "semi" table-mates, talked a bit, but felt comfortable talking privately also. From what I've heard about Blu, I would not give up a seat there, & you won't gain any privacy in the MDR. Keep in mind, anyone requesting a table for two in Blu or MDR has done so for the same reasons as you.

Thanks, cruise kitty!

We were in Blu on Eclipse in May, other ships may vary!

As you enter Blu the maitre d asks you for your cabin number, a takes you to a vacant table, we were usually somewhere near the window. It was at this stage that we asked to be seated on tables of our 'favourite' waiters, sometimes we had to wait a few minutes for a table to become vacant.

We did notice on a lot of nights that the tables at the rear of Blu were empty, particually later in the evening. The staff are great, and I am sure if you ask for an isolated table, they will do their best for you. The table plan of Blu does show one or two tables on their own, but as the tables are not fixed, they move them around to suit requirements.

Our waiters looked after 10 tables for 2, of which 8 were in the window block. Nine times out of 11 we had tables close to or next to the windows.

These are all table for two, but they move them together for larger groups if required. There are 4 rows of tables next to the windows, there is a small gap between the first and second row, then a larger gap for the waiters to walk though between the second and third, and another small gap between third and fourth.

There is then a larger gap for passenger access before the rest of the tables. We found that you could chat to you neighbour, or ignore them if you wished, we did not find it intrusive.

When we had an overnight stay on Equinox, we had a table for 2 in the MDR, there was another next to us. It was just like a table for 4!

Richard

Archived