HMC - difference between glass bottom boat and eco lagoon cruise

Berk987

Hello,

anyone know the difference between the glass bottom boat ($29 PP) or the eco lagoon cruise ($39 PP) - other than the fact that the eco cruise is longer. I was going to put the posting on the private island board but that's not very active and the info about the boat ride is not recent.

we have 6 kids under 6 with us, the youngest being 7 months so this might be something they might enjoy but I don't want to spend the money if it is not worth it. We did the submarine ride in Aruba last year and we all enjoyed that one (pricey as it was) but if this is a simple ride, not much happening, then it is better if we call it a beach day and just let the kids enjoy the sand and surf while we lounge in our clam shells.

thanks.

I haven't done either but I asked the question last year and was told that the eco lagoon cruise was much better with the guide explaining things and letting passengers touch some of the sea life. Last year we splurged on a cabana, next cruise I am thinking of the eco lagoon cruise as an interesting and less expensive option. I think it would be good for kids.

Marcia

We booked the ego lagoon cruise last year but it never left the dock as no one could get the motor started including the tour operator as well as a crew member from the Maasdam. This year we are going to try the glass bottom boat. I think the major difference is the glass bottom boat sails on the open ocean and the ego is on the closed lagoon. The boat for the latter is about 14 passengers and very small. Have no idea what the open ocean boat is like.

Barbara

We booked the ego lagoon cruise last year but it never left the dock as no one could get the motor started including the tour operator as well as a crew member from the Maasdam. This year we are going to try the glass bottom boat. I think the major difference is the glass bottom boat sails on the open ocean and the ego is on the closed lagoon. The boat for the latter is about 14 passengers and very small. Have no idea what the open ocean boat is like.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

We're not going until December, actually day in HMC is 11th. When are you going? If you go before us, let us know how it went. We can book later...no hurry I think. The glass bottom one goes every hour from 8:30. Thanks.

We are on the Nieuw Amsterdam Nov 29 - Dec 12 so we will overlap with you one week. We'll book the glass bottom boat the first week.

Barbara

wohoo....see you aboard. we'll be the family with the 6 little kids - HA.

you may want to say hi or run from us :)

My sister and I did the glass bottom boat tour last October. It's your typical glass bottom boat experience. They take you out on the ocean(I think the other one you are talking about is in the closed lagoon). It was interesting but we didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The normal tropical fishes and coral, etc. We enjoyed the ride.

Archived