Can we do late seating and shows?

mobilemac

We're on the westbound QM2 TA in April. I'm suspect these questions have been previously answered - I simply can't find the threads. Two quick questions ...

1. We're booked for late dining (8:30). We enjoy evening shows at sea - will the timing work for us to attend a show either before or after dinner?

2. We're traveling Europe prior to the cruise and I don't want to carry my tuxedo during our travels. Is there a tuxedo rental service on board the QM2 or should I reserve prior to boarding? Thanks.

For #2, another option to investigate would be Cunard's White Star Luggage Service to have your bags sent to the ship. It would cost more than renting formalwear, but might work out if your companion also has formal clothing to send. You might need to arrange for someone stateside to give the luggage to the DHL/FedEx pickup person a few days before the cruise date.

Another suggestion (which some may find blasphemous, but you see quite a lot) is to skip the tuxedo and pack a nice, dark (midnight blue or black) suit, white french-cuff dress shirt and appropriately colored ties. I've used both tuxedos and dark suits on formal nights on QM2 and have felt appropriately dressed in both. I would feel much better dressed for formal night in a well-cut dark suit of my own than in a rented tuxedo.

We're on the westbound QM2 TA in April. I'm suspect these questions have been previously answered - I simply can't find the threads. Two quick questions ...

1. We're booked for late dining (8:30). We enjoy evening shows at sea - will the timing work for us to attend a show either before or after dinner?

2. We're traveling Europe prior to the cruise and I don't want to carry my tuxedo during our travels. Is there a tuxedo rental service on board the QM2 or should I reserve prior to boarding? Thanks.

Hi, we did a TA last September and had 8.30 dining. We went to the shows after dinner. The only thing with this is that you miss the dancing in the ballroom as it tends to finish at midnight.

Catherine

Archived