Birth Certificate

jmeans23970

If the OP wants a definitive answer to this question, they should contact Carnival directly.

I did call carnival...see earlier post. It is the orginal BC certified by the vital records office. They laminated it. All I wondered about was it being laminated. They said it didn't matter, as long as it was certified. Also said not all certified BC have raised seals.

I did call carnival...see earlier post. It is the orginal BC certified by the vital records office. They laminated it. All I wondered about was it being laminated. They said it didn't matter, as long as it was certified. Also said not all certified BC have raised seals.

There ya go! It would not be a bad idea to laminate it if you use it all the time for cruising.......those bugers get worn out fast...

I'm not sure you could get all the information that is on a certfied birth certificate on a card the size of a credit card......infact I know you can't......could have been something else....

Evidently it was:p

i have one a little larger than a credit card, but smaller than my passprt.

My husband does too.....which is much bigger then a credit card....and smaller then a passport

Evidently his was not a certified certificate......

mine is a certified one which has come in quite handy prior to getting my passport. beats carrying around a piece of paper. atleast if i lose the small one i still have my original.

Sounds like Dry Creek's wife had a short-form (or abstract) Birth Certificate. Most credit card sized BC's are not acceptable for passport purposes as they do not contain all the information required. Which is why he had to send off for the long form.

And I agree with all the mis-focus on the 'raised seal' wording.

Wow! Didn't think people had such a hard time understanding what a ceritified birth certificate was:confused:

This is a certificate which prooves your birth was recorded with the office of vital records........

Here is a little hint.......it has the signature of the registrar on it and stamped with a state or county seal....;) Wow!

Not all of those are vlaid either. Some states issue an abstract if you request a certified birth certificate. Some of those abstracts are ok some aren't as they don't have all the required information. The department of state website sets out the requirements for valid proof of citizenship for passport purposes.

Not all of those are vlaid either. Some states issue an abstract if you request a certified birth certificate. Some of those abstracts are ok some aren't as they don't have all the required information. The department of state website sets out the requirements for valid proof of citizenship for passport purposes.

Bingo!

Wow! Didn't think people had such a hard time understanding what a ceritified birth certificate was:confused:

This is a certificate which prooves your birth was recorded with the office of vital records........

Here is a little hint.......it has the signature of the registrar on it and stamped with a state or county seal....;) Wow!

My birth cert doesn't have a raise seal, doesn't say it was recorded with the office of vital records, has no signature of the registrar on it and has no seal from a state or county.

I have a Cert. of Birth Abroad. It's signed by the Secretary of State and is issued by the state dept. so according to your rules it isn't a legal birth cert.

My birth cert doesn't have a raise seal, doesn't say it was recorded with the office of vital records, has no signature of the registrar on it and has no seal from a state or county.

I have a Cert. of Birth Abroad. It's signed by the Secretary of State and is issued by the state dept. so according to your rules it isn't a legal birth cert.

Mine does not have a raised seal either.......Birth Abroad is a whole other topic....

Kurb. Is right it is not a certified birth certificate.

However, the cert of birth abroad is

acceptable proof of US citizenship for all legal purposes.

Kurb. Is right it is not a certified birth certificate.

Inccorect. A Birth Certificate is an official document that verifies one's identity, name, age, date of birth, and place of birth. Since the Cert. of Birth Abroad includes all that information is indeed a birth cert.

Inccorect. A Birth Certificate is an official document that verifies one's identity, name, age, date of birth, and place of birth. Since the Cert. of Birth Abroad includes all that information is indeed a birth cert.
If you have a Form FS-240, it not your birth certificate. That would have been issued by the country you were born in, or if in a military hospital, by the hospital. (There are some other forms in use prior to the early 1970's, too.) In order to apply for an FS-240, your parents had to submit an official record of your foreign birth.

Your Consular Report of Birth Abroad is proof of US citizenship, and will contain all the same information as your birth certificate and can be used in the US just like a US birth certificate, but...it is not a birth certificate, per se.

Archived