Victory Eastern Caribbean 2/6

montana7442

Just returned from a fabulous cruise aboard the Victory to the Eastern Caribbean. I read another reviewer on the same cruise and I will point out the things that I viewed differently.

The closest parking lot to the Victory takes cash or Traveler’s checks only. Credit cards can be used in lot #5, which is near the Royal Caribbean ship. We dropped our bags off to be checked in and parked in this lot. It’s about 15 to 20 minute walk to the ship though.

My husband and I ate breakfast on three occasions in the restaurants instead of the buffet. We had no problem with frequent refills of coffee and no one at our table had a problem with their order.

On the second day of the cruise, I won 10,000 nickels ($500) in the nickel machine!! Could not believe it. I saw quite a few large winnings, including one person who won $2500 in a quarter machine.

Our cabin was on the Riviera deck, 1394. We had a window. Our last cruise was Royal Caribbean and Carnival has lots more room! We were pretty near the elevators which was a little noisy but didn’t keep us awake.

I remember the ship rocking quite a bit the first night but didn’t hear about anyone getting seasick.

The two production shows were great! I was amazed at the amount of costume changes, wigs, and set changes.

My only complaint about Carnival is the lack of different activities on sea days (activities where they weren’t trying to sell you something!). I’ve been on other lines and there were more things to participate in. They were usually silly things but lots of fun. Carnival didn’t have much more than a few trivia games.

The food was very good with a great variety. Lunch time had a separate section with different themes...Japanese with sushi (which was delicious) one day, mediterrean, Caribbean, Mexican. This was separate from the buffet, along with hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza. Desserts were just okay but there was always ice cream. We ordered room service once which was very fast.

Some areas of the ship are very cold from the a/c. Don’t forget to bring a sweater.

The staff was very friendly. Our wait staff for dinner was wonderful (Yiam & Eggie). The cruise director was pretty funny.

There were occasional bad odors but not constantly.

Self debarkation was packed, not well organized. I don’t think they expected the amount of people who wanted to use this.

Archived