brazillian bikinis???

meliward413

Why did you not say "I get compliments from gay men" instead of--

"I get compliments from other gay men". the other seems to imply

that you are gay too.

Usually guys dont compliment other guys on there bodys or swimwear...That is how I assume that there "possibly" gay..But I could be wrong. Most likely Im not...

I have nothing against them. I talk to anybody and accept anybodys compliments. I do know that its "typical" for another American male or female to think that im gay because of my choice of swimwear. Because they are "programmed" to think that way. :). Its all good....

To David: Personally, I like Speedos on men or the Euro-type short. This is what men wear in Europe and in Australia. My son (a child) wears this type. He's the only one in class/school that does. Don't fancy the big bulky long shorts for swimming.

Thanks..In my book that is a "positive" comment due to the fact that your not from America. That is the point that im saying about others in America being "programmed" to think differnly on choice of male swimwear. Which i think is sad.

In my next life Im going to come back as a women so i can get away with wearing "brief" style swimwear without being labled as "gross" or otherwise.:rolleyes:

I know i got this off topic..to which IM SORRY..I go to gym and workout daily and i feel for the male sake that i wear what i want for swimwear even if I am the only one on a ship of 3000 others. I have the confedance and can pull it off..

Just wanted to tell the OP that she isnt alone in this category. Im also speaking for the other guys who would like to do the same but cant due to "peer pressure" from other "Americans".

Maybe we should just worry about how much fun we are having on our cruise rather than if joe's balls are hanging out or mary's nipples are trying to poke you in the eye. Sit back have a cold bevy and soak up the sun. It doent matter what you look like it matters if your enjoying your vacation.

True..Im in my 40s, but have the swimmers build and a good tan. 6-3, and around 160. No belly here, I carry a six pack and not a "Keg". Unfortanally I get compliments about my body from other "gay" men, but no women. Not that I expect them to flock to me. To which I dont. As long as i wear Speedos, most women at least in this country..Will think im "gay" because of what im wearing.

Last time I recalled reading the package that the suit came in..It dosnt say "worn by gay men only". Oh well..I vacation around others that are stupid I guess:).

Hey david, when are you crusing next?? lol

Hey david, when are you crusing next?? lol

Nov 20th 2010..Ill be on the Inspiration..

For the few that have responded, I do enjoy my vacation and I can care less what others think. For what ive seen around the ship, there is allot worse..:)

Wear whatever makes you feel good. Who cares what others think.

And David, if women stare, it's because they like. I doubt very few will actually come over and pay you a compliment. But if they look up from that book they are reading for more that a glance, they're enjoying the view.

Swimming used to be my sport when I had more time to do it so I'm used to speedos!

That and being surrounded by hockey players. Those were the days...

Now I'm way off topic. Sorry.

Since I live in Brazil , all my bikinis are Brazilian...I have never felt out of place on the ship. Actually , Brazilian bikinis are very fashionable and Brazil exports high end swimwear all over the world (Rosa Chá , Salinas , Vix etc...).

Wear it and have fun!

Kim

OMG... sort of OT because it's not a bikini, but I ordered a Salinas swimsuit for my last cruise, and I could not believe the quality and the beautiful lines - I will definitely be purchasing more of them!

David, the biggest problem with men wearing the Speedo is the vast majority of men who wear them should not be wearing them. Just as women are criticized when they're a size 22 and wearing a string bikini, men who look like they're wearing a fur vest, or men who's "package" you can't see because of the belly overlap should not be parading around in a Speedo. And the reality is, many of these men are way beyond their prime to be in those things, and never bother to cover up when going into the buffet or standing in the line for burgers out on the deck. I still cringe whenever I think of the Speedo men who's suits were bereft of elastic, and seeing tiny Mr Winkie peeking out of their black Speedos. Sorry, but that doesn't do it for anyone.

LOL! I kind of agree, but then I criticize myself for being judgmental. I mean, who am I to say that someone's body isn't good enough for them to be wearing something tiny? Especially since I think we should all be more comfortable with the bodies we have.

That being said, there is a thin line between showing to much skin and actually showing your private parts! I definitely don't want to see any winkies, nipples, butt cracks or bushes. Save it for the nude beaches, which others can choose to avoid if they wish!

Maybe we should just worry about how much fun we are having on our cruise rather than if joe's balls are hanging out or mary's nipples are trying to poke you in the eye. Sit back have a cold bevy and soak up the sun. It doent matter what you look like it matters if your enjoying your vacation.

I admire your attitude, and think we should all try to be that way!

To the OP, I definitely say go for it. It's swimwear - you're allowed to show a lot of skin if you're comfortable with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Nov 20th 2010..Ill be on the Inspiration..

For the few that have responded, I do enjoy my vacation and I can care less what others think. For what ive seen around the ship, there is allot worse..:)

Sorry that i will miss that cruise- i will be on the Ruby in Nov- go and enjpy yourself, im sure there will plenty of people that will enjpy your attire.

Archived