brazillian bikinis???

meliward413

I live in Miami and Brazillian style bikinis are popular here. I have a couple and feel very comfortable in them as many women in my building and on the beach wear the same. Young and old, big and small, the women down here just seem to be more comfortable with their bodies then in NJ where I am originally from.

I have cruised before, but that was before I moved and started wearing them so I never noticed if they are common on the cruise ships or in ports. Would I be out of place or get dirty looks if I brought mine?

For general info, it's NOT a thong or anything close to it (I'm not that brave lol!) I am small and in good shape and I only ask b/c believe it or not these are much more flattering on me and many women than regular bikini bottoms (I think so at least). If anyone understands having that one swimsuit you feel fits you best and makes you feel most confident and beautiful, this is unfortunately mine, and I have it in a few colors. If anyone wants to see what it looks like it's Vitamin A Silver collection in Rio Ruffle (don't know how to post pics). It's on zappos website and many others.

I'm not trying to offend anyone so please give me HONEST answers, I need to go swimsuit shoppping and I would rather know what to buy now then find out on the boat!

Just looked at it....don't see any problem.

Not sure I "get" the checks hanging out but I also learned something......I've been wearing one for years and never knew it. From now on, I'll just stop tugging on the bottom trying to cover my cheeks. :D

As long as you like it, wear it! If you look good in, you will get "good attention"! If you really shouldn't be wearing it, you will get "attention"....

Sounds like you have the body for it...so take it!

I've seen thong suits on a cruise, worn by women who should NEVER, EVER wear such a small thing! I guess they think since they don't know anyone, it's ok!

Just a note to others who might want to wear a 'bottom baring" style...TAN first!

I've been wearing one for years and never knew it. From now on, I'll just stop tugging on the bottom trying to cover my cheeks. :D

Haha too funny! Thanks both of you for the advice, sounds like I'll be ok. I'm gonna try to bring a mix of both styles, just don't want to buy new bathing suits that I know I won't wear too often after the cruise

Your a WOMEN..Your allowed to wear anything..Its the norm..In my case..Im in shape and go to gym allot and I wear Speedos. Which the USA prude society dosent like. And im the ODDBALL since no other guys wear them..If I can do it..YOU can defenatly do it.

A lot of women don't like Speedos because they think men look unattractive in them, not because they are "prudes".

Totally agree, I am far from a prude.

Isn't that the truth?!!! Not prudes at all....but most men who wear them don't have the "package" to 'fill them out'! Then, it just looks silly!

However, I just don't like seeing an unknown man's "package".:p

Totally agree, I am far from a prude.

However, I just don't like seeing an unknown man's "package".:p

Ditto and Ditto!

1. I'm no prude at all, and don't mind a Speedo on a guy who's in decent shape. Problem is too many guys with way too much fat wear them.

2. Yeah, that's gross. Guys in Speedo's or soft sweat pants should wear athletic support underneath. It's really TMI if I can tell by a accidental quick glance if a man is circumsized or not!

I live in Miami and Brazillian style bikinis are popular here. I have a couple and feel very comfortable in them as many women in my building and on the beach wear the same. Young and old, big and small, the women down here just seem to be more comfortable with their bodies then in NJ where I am originally from.

I have cruised before, but that was before I moved and started wearing them so I never noticed if they are common on the cruise ships or in ports. Would I be out of place or get dirty looks if I brought mine?

For general info, it's NOT a thong or anything close to it (I'm not that brave lol!) I am small and in good shape and I only ask b/c believe it or not these are much more flattering on me and many women than regular bikini bottoms (I think so at least). If anyone understands having that one swimsuit you feel fits you best and makes you feel most confident and beautiful, this is unfortunately mine, and I have it in a few colors. If anyone wants to see what it looks like it's Vitamin A Silver collection in Rio Ruffle (don't know how to post pics). It's on zappos website and many others.

I'm not trying to offend anyone so please give me HONEST answers, I need to go swimsuit shoppping and I would rather know what to buy now then find out on the boat!

I think this style is absolutely fine for a cruise.

Ditto and Ditto!

2. Yeah, that's gross. Guys in Speedo's or soft sweat pants should wear athletic support underneath. It's really TMI if I can tell by a accidental quick glance if a man is circumsized or not!

WOW, do you have a good eye!:D:D:D:D:D

By some of what you have sead, I find it no differnt then seeing "clevage" and "nipple" though your tops..What is the differance? Us guys have 1 bulge..You women have 2 bulges up near eye level..:D. All I can see is its a big "Doublestandard" where the male always gets the short end of the stick. I dont like the look of "dork" shorts that goes to the knees when trying to swim, plus the tanlines look stupid. A speedo dries quicker as well.

Isnt the purpose of the speedo of what I heard is trying to hide what is underneigth? one poster here said that the package wasnt big enougth..I would think smaller would be better so you couldnt see it.

Sorry that this has bome off topic of the original post. Just wanted to comment that the original poster is not alone in this matter, even though Ive been wearing speedos for over 25 yrs and on every cruise so far.

I think the rule for men in speedos should be the same as the rule for women in bikinis: only wear it if you can pull it off!

People should wear whatever they're most comfortable in. Nobody ever complains about the speedos on the olympic swimmers, it shouldn't be any different in real life. Now, when the guy wearing one is 300+ pounds and his belly is hanging over the speedo so you have to wonder if he's naked, that's a different story! :D

I think the rule for men in speedos should be the same as the rule for women in bikinis: only wear it if you can pull it off!

People should wear whatever they're most comfortable in. Nobody ever complains about the speedos on the olympic swimmers, it shouldn't be any different in real life. Now, when the guy wearing one is 300+ pounds and his belly is hanging over the speedo so you have to wonder if he's naked, that's a different story! :D

True..Im in my 40s, but have the swimmers build and a good tan. 6-3, and around 160. No belly here, I carry a six pack and not a "Keg". Unfortanally I get compliments about my body from other "gay" men, but no women. Not that I expect them to flock to me. To which I dont. As long as i wear Speedos, most women at least in this country..Will think im "gay" because of what im wearing.

Last time I recalled reading the package that the suit came in..It dosnt say "worn by gay men only". Oh well..I vacation around others that are stupid I guess:).

True..Im in my 40s, but have the swimmers build and a good tan. 6-3, and around 160. No belly here, I carry a six pack and not a "Keg". Unfortanally I get compliments about my body from other "gay" men, but no women. Not that I expect them to flock to me. To which I dont. As long as i wear Speedos, most women at least in this country..Will think im "gay" because of what im wearing.

Last time I recalled reading the package that the suit came in..It dosnt say "worn by gay men only". Oh well..I vacation around others that are stupid I guess:).

You make some silly generalizations. First you post about the US prude society and now most woman in the US think only gays wear Speedos. SHEESH!

Meliward 413 wear what you can pull off. If you look really hot though don't stand too close to me as I am not too hot anymore and it will become way more obvious when I stand next to you:D

David, wear your speedos, but that fact that gay men like them and woman don't should tell you something.

We should be able to wear what best fits us and is comfortable. Hey, atleast we are all wearing clothes.

I'm confused as to why you put quotes around gay to make it "gay".

I'm thinking that you mean something other than gay, but I don't know what you're referring to.

What does "gay" mean in your post?

I can't say whether you vacation around others that are stupid or not, but I never associated Speedo's with gay or straight.

Personally I like them as long as a guy is in relatively decent shape and he's wearing athletic support underneath.

I'm confused as to why you put quotes around gay to make it "gay".

I'm thinking that you mean something other than gay, but I don't know what you're referring to.

What does "gay" mean in your post?

I think someone has a problem.;)

I can't say whether you vacation around others that are stupid or not, but I never associated Speedo's with gay or straight.

This is a new one for me.:confused:

Since I live in Brazil , all my bikinis are Brazilian...I have never felt out of place on the ship. Actually , Brazilian bikinis are very fashionable and Brazil exports high end swimwear all over the world (Rosa Chá , Salinas , Vix etc...).

Wear it and have fun!

Kim

Why did you not say "I get compliments from gay men" instead of--

"I get compliments from other gay men". the other seems to imply

that you are gay too.

David, the biggest problem with men wearing the Speedo is the vast majority of men who wear them should not be wearing them. Just as women are criticized when they're a size 22 and wearing a string bikini, men who look like they're wearing a fur vest, or men who's "package" you can't see because of the belly overlap should not be parading around in a Speedo. And the reality is, many of these men are way beyond their prime to be in those things, and never bother to cover up when going into the buffet or standing in the line for burgers out on the deck. I still cringe whenever I think of the Speedo men who's suits were bereft of elastic, and seeing tiny Mr Winkie peeking out of their black Speedos. Sorry, but that doesn't do it for anyone.

Wear it if you are comfortable. If I don't like it I can always put on my DOD goggles. Sexy isn't about how others look at another body, but about how one views one's own.

Archived