Roma pass & b.i.r.g tickets

cruisin56

hoping i can get an answer to clarify the best option for touring rome for the day. When traveling from civitavecchia into rome do i

a) purchase a b.i.r.g train ticket

b) purchase a roma pass ticket.

please explain if if when buying the roma pass if it will already include the b.i.r.g ticket or if i have to buy this seperately. Otherwise when buying the roma pass is there some other train i use to get into rome.

i only plan on using the roma pass for the collesseum then possible transportation use...the other sites i want to see in rome is not included in the roma pass. So, please tell me the most economical way of getting into rome (fastest method) and then tour the colosseum

The Roma Pass does not include transportation to/from Civitavecchia. If all you plan to use the Roma Pass for is the Colosseum, skip it. Get the BIRG and pay for the Colosseum separately. Otherwise you'd pay 25 euro (I think that's the cost now) for entrance to the Colosseum and metro/bus transport around Rome for a day -- you are losing money.

Archived