Roll Call: Carnival Dream 11/20/2010

Hootymae

We have a number of family members on this cruise; mostly old hats, but 3 newbies. We're all excited to be doing this together. My aunt (Granny to everybody) lost her husband of 70+ YES, 70+ years this Feburary, turned 90 in March, and had a hip replacement in June (with serious complications). She is such an incredible fighter so a couple of her kids promised to take her on this cruise if she'd get well. She did!

I would like to ask for cruisers to please come up to her and say hello and give her a hug throughout the cruise. It would thrill her and us to have her reconized. At 90 she's a bit stooped over and may either be using a power chair or a walker but loves to have a good time so don't be suprized to see her dancing and cutting the fool.

Granny (Ovalyn) is short and will have black curly hair so be on the lookout. Thanks in advance.

Her niece, Barbara

• 1 month later...

Really looking forward to meeting you! I noticied that you submitted from South Carolina -- We're from Rock Hill! our treat to our 19 year old and 15 year old is a cabin across the hall from Mom and Dad -- looking forward to some fun in the sun and someone else cooking Thanksgiving dinner!

See you soon

Chris

Archived