dream in october?????

2girlsnlovefl

i have read all the reviews and as expected they were all different. some loved her some hated her. my question is compared to other ships is the dream less crowded in october?? we are sailing 10-2-10 i am not concerned for us we have fun no mattet what as long as we are cruising. it is more for my parents who are sailing 10-16-10 it is their 1st sailing with carnival and thier 1st vacation alone in about 15 years. before i grew up they took me everywhere with them and then after i left the house it was my grandmother and now it is my son that they always take along. it is for their 35th wedding annaversiry and i just want them to have a blast since my mom does not like cruising and my father does. if it turns out great maybe he will get to go more!!!

I was on the dream Sept 4-11... at this time most schools were back in session whether it be grade/high school or college. The ship still had a ton of people on it but very few children. I love children, but not on my vacation...which is why I chose to cruise during the fall. Mission accomplished, however they usually try their hardest to fill every stateroom on the ship. Most sail at near full occupancy so you can not tell a significant drop in people. Many times I felt the ship was crowded during dining times particularly. What we found out was that going to the MDR for breakfast was faster/easier than doing the Lido buffet...same would probably go for lunch...we ate at the pasta bar late (around 1-1:30ish) and didn't have to wait in any line at all. Ate at the lanai bbq around 1:30-2:00 and had to wait nearly an hour and the food was not great. If you went to the aft pool/lounge area there were usually plenty of chairs and you might even be able to slip into the pool for a quick dip to cool off. lido and sun deck midship was almost always crowded. Ran into some crowds in the atrium in the evenings....sandwich, pizza, and grill areas were almost always crowded (sandwiches were very good though) Arrive early to comedy if you want a seat.

compared to other cruises i found that it was easier to do some of the activities such as mini golf, water slides, get a seat in the encore lounge/theater, find a deck chair, use a hot tub, find a table, get off the ship in port....worst parts were usually lines for food and in main public areas.

i have read all the reviews and as expected they were all different. some loved her some hated her. my question is compared to other ships is the dream less crowded in october?? we are sailing 10-2-10 i am not concerned for us we have fun no mattet what as long as we are cruising. it is more for my parents who are sailing 10-16-10 it is their 1st sailing with carnival and thier 1st vacation alone in about 15 years. before i grew up they took me everywhere with them and then after i left the house it was my grandmother and now it is my son that they always take along. it is for their 35th wedding annaversiry and i just want them to have a blast since my mom does not like cruising and my father does. if it turns out great maybe he will get to go more!!!

I would say compared to other ships, Dream is more crowded from all the reports. .. not less crowded. They squeezed more people into the same venues as conquest class basically and people have been complaining about the crowding.

trying to figure out the oct angle .....Dream will be sailing full, its a new ship, might be fewer school age children. Lower prices than summer, fill the ship.

If you go to cruisedeckplans site and look at the size and tons and all, Dream has less space per pax than many ships. Depends on how you measure the space per pax, but Dream doesnt hold up well compared to others to me.

Archived