Magic sailing 5/22 ? on European passengers

Sew4me

Hi, New to this cruising...Just booked Magic for 5/22.

What can we expect for the % of American vs European passengers? We leave outa Barcelona and my daughters were wondering if we will be able to communicate with other passengers if they all speak different languages.

How about the staff on the boat? Will they understand english?

I know these might sound like stupid questions but this is our first cruise and our first trip to Europe with our kids. We usually just travel to Aruba but decided to change it up. Thanks for any answers.

and it is owned by a USA company, my guess is yes..as it will spend alot of time here as well. so many of the crew/staff are multi-lingual. There are emps that will be glad to interpret if necessary. I did a Costa Med cruze this summer. The desk crew wore pins of the countries that they had a command of the language spoken there. most had 4..some 5,6,7,. On the HAL trip over the Atlantic, announcements wee in 4/5 . English was always the last, as well as very brief info and activities in Eng. They Euro peepes were for the most part rude, pushy, and did t follow the rules set forth. Their kids were UNdiciplined and ran amok, were in the hottubs, pools w/didees, and sat on the food tables, played tag under the DR chairs and tables. I will do Magic repo in Oct '11, I speak a bit of the more popular languages, and enjoy the challenge

in answer to your Q..if u do not speak theirs, you prob wont understand them, nor they you..Staff, no prob!

Hi, New to this cruising...Just booked Magic for 5/22.

What can we expect for the % of American vs European passengers? We leave outa Barcelona and my daughters were wondering if we will be able to communicate with other passengers if they all speak different languages.

How about the staff on the boat? Will they understand english?

I know these might sound like stupid questions but this is our first cruise and our first trip to Europe with our kids. We usually just travel to Aruba but decided to change it up. Thanks for any answers.

Carnival does not actively market in Europe, so most of their passengers will be flying in from the US. You will not have any difficulties understanding/being understood onboard, your children might meet some European kids in the clubs, but that is part of travel. Because of the time required for this vacation, distance to travel, and cost, you probably will not find as many young families on board as you would in the US. But you will still have a great cruise. EM

I have two Med cruises coming up (one is the Magic) and honestly haven't given it any thought. I am sure it will be fine. When we did Oasis last February there were a ton of foreigners on the ship. I would easily estimate it was over half. I found the experience quite interesting.

We had no problems on our Carnival Europe cruises in '07 and '08 and don't expect any next May. We are also going on the Magic on May 22. The crew/staff will be the same as on any Carnival ship since most of them transfer from an older ship to the new one. There are passengers from Europe and other countries on board but almost everyone speaks English at least enough for limited conversation. There aren't many that speak no English at all. You won't have any problems with language. All announcements are made in English and if there is a large group of any other nationality they may be repeated in that language.

Archived