I call this cruise success

Tree Hugger

We took the spa tour on the first day of our Conquest cruise last week and they mentioned the "weight loss challenge" with weigh-ins on the first day of the cruise and the last sea day. The person who lost the most (or gained the least) would win a $200 spa credit.

Even with daunting obstacles such as The Point Steakhouse and The Chef's Table (we did both), I was able to escape the cruise by only gaining one pound, I credit this to the fact that we weighed in during the morning on the last day as opposed to the afternoon weigh-in on the first day, otherwise I probably would have stayed the same.:rolleyes:

I don't know if it was true or not, but the fitness rep from the spa (Dylan) said the previous week's winner had gained three pounds. I don't know who won our week, because the guy in front of me lost one pound, and one lady who was sick the entire cruise lost five pounds (probably the hard way).:eek:

*In other semi-related news, our two bottles of rum made it through in checked baggage just fine.

We took the spa tour on the first day of our Conquest cruise last week and they mentioned the "weight loss challenge" with weigh-ins on the first day of the cruise and the last sea day. The person who lost the most (or gained the least) would win a $200 spa credit.

Even with daunting obstacles such as The Point Steakhouse and The Chef's Table (we did both), I was able to escape the cruise by only gaining one pound, I credit this to the fact that we weighed in during the morning on the last day as opposed to the afternoon weigh-in on the first day, otherwise I probably would have stayed the same.:rolleyes:

I don't know if it was true or not, but the fitness rep from the spa (Dylan) said the previous week's winner had gained three pounds. I don't know who won our week, because the guy in front of me lost one pound, and one lady who was sick the entire cruise lost five pounds (probably the hard way).:eek:

*In other semi-related news, our two bottles of rum made it through in checked baggage just fine.

Congratulations!!

That's great.

What did you think of the Chef's Table???

:)

Chef's table was greatness, though they almost had to wheel us out of there. We had pretty much the same menu that you have posted on here before. It didn't sell out as quickly as I expected, we booked late afternoon on embarkation day and there were only four others signed up for one night at the time and two for the other night. The first night (ours) sold out the next day, and the day of the second one they were still making announcements that seats were available until early afternoon.

My wife isn't much of a wine drinker but like the Shiraz they served with the 6th course (the filet) and we ordered a bottle of the same at the steakhouse a couple of days later. The snooty wine steward asked us if we had had that wine before and we mentioned that we had enjoyed it at the Chef's table and he snapped back with "Oh, you actually liked the Chef's Table wine?"

Granted we are talking about a bottle that would cost less than $10 off the boat, but I was a little shocked at his reaction, I guess people tend to go for the pricier wines in the steakhouse or something, we wee just going with something we knew we liked (and should be absolutely nothing wrong with that)

Chef's table was greatness, though they almost had to wheel us out of there. We had pretty much the same menu that you have posted on here before. It didn't sell out as quickly as I expected, we booked late afternoon on embarkation day and there were only four others signed up for one night at the time and two for the other night. The first night (ours) sold out the next day, and the day of the second one they were still making announcements that seats were available until early afternoon.

My wife isn't much of a wine drinker but like the Shiraz they served with the 6th course (the filet) and we ordered a bottle of the same at the steakhouse a couple of days later. The snooty wine steward asked us if we had had that wine before and we mentioned that we had enjoyed it at the Chef's table and he snapped back with "Oh, you actually liked the Chef's Table wine?"

Granted we are talking about a bottle that would cost less than $10 off the boat, but I was a little shocked at his reaction, I guess people tend to go for the pricier wines in the steakhouse or something, we wee just going with something we knew we liked (and should be absolutely nothing wrong with that)

Wow... interesting about the wine.

The bottles we had sold for nearly $70 per on board...

:confused:

Sounds great, when I finally talked my wife into the Chef's table no the Dream last month it was sold out.....next time.

For the first five courses we had a Pinot Grigio (didn't catch which winery) and for the 6th course we had a Shiraz from the Black Opal winery in SE Australia, sold for $28 at the Steakhouse.

We had a sheet of drink coupons that we used towards the purchase of the wine, so we only had a an actual charge of $4.60, I'm sure the wine steward loved that.

Archived