Miami hotel recommendation

dlhoward

Arriving to Miami the day before our cruise. Any recommendations for a decent hotel for the price. Not looking for high dollar and fancy but clean and safe.

Either on the way to port or possible by the beach. Would like to walk around the next day and do something and have a decent meal for lunch before heading out on our cruise. We won't have a rental car.

I checked some hotels that have some transportation. This was the best I found.

Courtyard Miami South for $107 free airport shuttle $10 each (2 of us) for shuttle to port. But it doesn't sound like there is anything to do there until we get to the ship.

After looking at the hotels by the port I think there might be some stuff there like the Bayside Marketplace, etc.

So far I'm not finding anyone that will pick me up at the airport and take me to the ship. And the hotels are higher dollar then I have to tack on the taxi ride. Any suggestions?

A taxi to any downtown Miami hotel (close to the port and Bayside Market) will cost you $25+ and then another $10-12 to get to the port; if you go to Miami Beach you are looking at a cab fare of $32+ and annother $15 to get to POM.

Unless you are comfortable with bidding sites (Priceline, Hotwire, etc...) you are not likely to find a clean safe hotel in a nice area for much less than the $107 rate you found.:(

Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Hampton inn and many more). Most offer free shuttles from MIA and port shuttles for $10 - a taxi to POM will run under $30 inclluding tip (for the cab, not per person). Shopping and dining options within walking distance (Cuban :D, Italian, Chinese, Starbucks, + fast food). Another area near MIA to look for is Doral. Coconut Grove can be fun, with lots of shopping and dining options, but doubt you'll find free airport shuttles.

Good hunting and good luck!:)

We are staying at the Embassy Suites. We are using the Cruise package they have. I think its a good deal considering...they pick you up at the airport, from 5 to 7 p.m. there is a managers special with free drinks and finger foods (so basically no dinner unless you just want to) and in the morning there is a free made to order hot breakfast with omlets pancakes etc. so you don't have to worry about paying and looking for somewhere to eat breakfast then finally they take you to the ship on their shuttle. So for the price of the room you get transporation, food, free drinks and a nice room with a great pool. Not bad IMHO.:D

I just booked Best Western On the Bay Inn & Marina cruise package for $159, inlcudes shuttle to hotel from airport and then transportation to port the next morning and free drink coupons....looks really pretty and has good reviews, there is a city bus across the street that will take you to miami beach or south beach for $2 person..hope this is helpful! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Arriving to Miami the day before our cruise. Any recommendations for a decent hotel for the price. Not looking for high dollar and fancy but clean and safe.

Either on the way to port or possible by the beach. Would like to walk around the next day and do something and have a decent meal for lunch before heading out on our cruise. We won't have a rental car.

The problem you are finding is that your dates are over Art Basel which is a huge citywide event.

Look at hotels in Coconut Grove. Skip Bayside.

I'm sure all of these other posters mean well but their quotes are useless because their dates are different.

I just booked Best Western On the Bay Inn & Marina cruise package for $159, inlcudes shuttle to hotel from airport and then transportation to port the next morning and free drink coupons....looks really pretty and has good reviews, there is a city bus across the street that will take you to miami beach or south beach for $2 person..hope this is helpful! :D

cancelled this one when i found the other one so much cheaper! :D

We chose the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Blue Lagoon because it is right next to the Publix shopping center. Since I am too cheap to pay $50 to check a bag, we'll have to buy sunscreen, etc. that we can't put in our carry on luggage. :( We booked it for $92 on lastminutetravel.com. It has great reviews also.

Just booked rooms at Wyndham Miami Airport Hotel...they have cruise special with includes shuttle from airport to hotel, and free shuttle to port next morning! $73.00 Great reviews and newly renovated! :D

What was the date of your arrival to the hotel ?

Thanks,

Frank

Archived