communications on the spirit

rannoch

I'm organising e-mail and phone contacts while I'm on the Spirit.

Are there telephone numbers for contacting passengers on the ship. I assume that kind of info would be in the cruise documentation, but we don't get that until we get to the pier.

How does the internet access work. Can I get to my own e-mail accounts, or do I need to setup a NCL account. If an NCL account is required, can I arrange to have this setup in advance so I can inform my company pof the e-mail address.

Regards,

Rannoch

I'm organising e-mail and phone contacts while I'm on the Spirit.

Are there telephone numbers for contacting passengers on the ship. I assume that kind of info would be in the cruise documentation, but we don't get that until we get to the pier.

How does the internet access work. Can I get to my own e-mail accounts, or do I need to setup a NCL account. If an NCL account is required, can I arrange to have this setup in advance so I can inform my company pof the e-mail address.

Regards,

Rannoch

The emergency phone number if someone needs to reach you is; if calling from the U.S. then 1-888-NC.SHIPS. If outside the U.S., then 1-732-335-3280.

You can get to your own email accounts while on-board. And, NCL also has an on-board email address for you which will be printed on your travel documents.

I remember the charges to receive an e-mail on the account that is created for you (associated with your reservation and printed on your documents) were too high for me to be interested in usuing the service for novelties sake. If you plan to be purchasing internet time anyway, your regular e-mail would probably be the most economical option. I remember that the address that NCL set up was a combination of the cabin number, sailing date or number and NCL, so you would probably be able to get it before sailing, if you did want that one.

Thanks for the info.

I don't have my travel docs (get them at the pier on embarkation). Can I arramnge with NCL to get the e-mail address in advance.

I have a tri-band mobile whill work on the islans we are visiting (already checked). Can I send and receive calls on the ship during the cruise.

Thanks,

Rannoch

If you want to send e-mail you can usually find an internet cafe near the docks at any island. Price is far better than the one Norwegian charges for using their internet hook up on the ship. On St. Lucia last year the charge at an internet cafe in the shopping center just off the ship was only $3 for 10 minuets. If I remember right on the Sky last year Norwegian charged $5 for 5 minuets.

Charles

Archived