Veendam Cabin Safe

Sulo

Can someone tell me if the Veendam cabin safe requires a pin number or a credit card to swipe? I'm checking for a senior friend who's sailing on Oct 3rd and she doesn't have a computer. If it's credit card type she'll have to look around for an old card.

Many thanks.

Can someone tell me if the Veendam cabin safe requires a pin number or a credit card to swipe? I'm checking for a senior friend who's sailing on Oct 3rd and she doesn't have a computer. If it's credit card type she'll have to look around for an old card.

Many thanks.

I was in one of the new cabins that were added during the refit and the safe was a number punch type.

However, I have no way of knowing if the existing cabins had the newer type of safe installed at that time. Perhaps a cruiser who has been in one of the older cabins since the refit could answer that.

You set up your own pin number. Any 4 digit number will do. Push in the number then the # sign at the bottom and you will get a digital read out that says closed. Door has to be held tightly shut while you do this for it to work. I don't know where the safes are in most of the cabins, but in the deluxe suite it is below the TV. Took us a bit to find it since we thought it would be in the closet.

You set up your own pin number. Any 4 digit number will do. Push in the number then the # sign at the bottom and you will get a digital read out that says closed. Door has to be held tightly shut while you do this for it to work. I don't know where the safes are in most of the cabins, but in the deluxe suite it is below the TV. Took us a bit to find it since we thought it would be in the closet.

Thanks for the update -- the last time we were on the Veendam in 2008 -- the safe was located in the closet (Deluxe Suite) and we used an expired AAA card.

Archived