If you have used travelocity...who is their travel insurance company and what are their policies?

I might need to cancel our cruise icon_frown.gif

I did purchase travel insurance with travelocity when I booked the cruise and paid the initial deposit.

What can I tell them to cancel it and get my deposit back. This is not related to any illness or anything like that.

I am so sad, this is my dream vacation.

Roll Call on Brilliance of the Seas 06/17/05

Brilliance of the Seas, 06/17/05 - Mediterranean

Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL, 11/01 - Eastern Caribbean

Tropicale, Carnival 08/99 - Western Caribbean

Check with Travelocity to be sure....not sure if they charge a cancellation fee....but you do lose the cost of the travel insurance. If your cruise isn't until 2005, you should receive your $250pp deposit back no matter what the reason for cancellation is. Good luck -- hopefully you can reschedule your cruise for another time!

Serenade of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Carnival Fascination

Grand Princess

Carnival Triumph

If you haven't made your final payment yet, you should be able to get your $250.00 pp back, with no penalty from the cruise line. But, the agency you booked through may charge you a cancellation fee. You'll also lose the money you paid for your trip insurance. If you've already made final payment, though, you can only cancel for a "covered reason" in the trip insurance policy to get your money back.

Actually it doesn't matter if you've made your final payment. What counts is the # days before departure that you cancel which depends on the length of the cruise and whether or not it is a holiday sailing.

D4 - yes, it does matter. You can get a full refund of your deposit from the cruise line if you cancel before final payment, which can be 60-80 days out, depending on the number of nights of the cruise. It has nothing at all to do with whether or not it's a Holiday sailing. ALL cruise lines have cancellation policies, and if you cancel after final payment, the cruise line will keep a certain percentage of your money, depending on how close to sailing you cancel.

The OP's cruise isn't til 2005. They will get their full deposit back. Even if they paid in full they will get all their money back for the cruise. However, the TA might charge a cancellation fee. They won't get back the money they paid for the insurance.

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

imsulin - I think we're talking about the same thing using different wording.

According to the RCCL brochure, the charges for late cancellation depend on the # days you cancel before your sailing date. That's also the date the final payment is due. Some people on this board say they pay off their cruise long before that date. So for them, it's the # days before the cruise that counts and not when they made their final payment.

The brochure also states that it is 90 days for holiday sailings.

I had to cancel a cruise I booked via Travelocity last year. At least then, the insurance company was Berkley Care. Our situation was different in that we canceled one week before for family medical reasons, but I can say they were very accomodating and we received our refund promptly.

- Jeff

If travelocity does charge their own cancellation penalty separately from the cruise line most third-party travel insurance policies will cover that also.

From their web site it appears that they sell the cruise line's policy although that's not totally clear. If that's the case they may not cover any additional cancel fees charged by Travelocity (if they do).

Archived