booked a 3 passenger cabin, now only 2 are going

Mona Lisa

For our upcoming CP cruise, my brother and his wife booked a balcony cabin for themselves and their toddler. My s-i-l is now pregnant. Consequently, she arranged for the grandparents to babysit instead of taking the two small children. They have a highly sought far aft cabin (class BB) on the Dolphin deck. Will they have to surrender this cabin for a two-person cabin? She is willing to pay the third passenger fare just to keep the cabin if necessary. Is it?

Thanks Pam, I will let her know. We were just worried because there is a demand on this sailing for 3rd and 4th passenger cabins. I thought that they reallocate cabins to maximize bookings. I am sure she will be glad to save the extra fare and still enjoy the cabin location.

There's no rule that states you have to be 3 people in a 3-berth cabin. For our recent Diamond cruise, I had been watching a 3-berth cabin on Aloha deck which was booked 1 week before I was ready to book our cruise - and when I checked the name tag on board, it was occupied by only 2 people. Oh well, all's fair in love and cruise reservations! BTW, we ended up booking a 4-berth cabin on Baja deck for only 3...

Be sure to tell them to specify they want no upgrades if they really want to keep that cabin. I currently have a quad balcony cabin reserved for my husband and myself. I needed this cabin so we could be across the hall from our two teenage kids who will be in an inside. We have specified no upgrades for both cabins.

We are on the 11/26/05 sailing of the Grand Princess & DH & I tried to book aft cabin D734 or D735 (which were avaliable) & Princess would not let us book them because they are for 3 people & we are only booking for 2 people. They did say that if these cabins are still avaliable closer to the cruise we could switch from our BB cat. cabin on the Caribe deck to one of them. I thought about originally booking 3 people & then canceling 1 person but TA would charge $75.00 cancel the 3rd person.

Eileen

I had originally booked a quad because my two grandsons and daughter was going with me.:) But now since there will only be two us I wonder if Princess will move me out of the quad. :) So far according to the personalizer I am still there. :confused: I know our ship is nearly booked so they may upgrade us. That is okay with me if someone else needs the cabin.:cool:

Delores

We are on the 11/26/05 sailing of the Grand Princess & DH & I tried to book aft cabin D734 or D735 (which were avaliable) & Princess would not let us book them because they are for 3 people & we are only booking for 2 people. They did say that if these cabins are still avaliable closer to the cruise we could switch from our BB cat. cabin on the Caribe deck to one of them. I thought about originally booking 3 people & then canceling 1 person but TA would charge $75.00 cancel the 3rd person.
There is a $50 charge for a name change ONLY after final payment is made. Your TA shouldn't charge you $75 to make a change before then. If they do, change TAs.

I am now confused.

Are the cabins different in size? If you book for 2 or 3 or 4 people aren't the cabins the same size just with pull down births?

Why would you want to keep a three person room if you are only 2 (unless the location is what you are keeping)? We are booked for a triple BA on the Caribe deck on CP. My daughter MAY stay with us, she may stay with Grandma in an inside double. If my cousin comes on the cruise she will room with mom and my daughter will room with us.

We have the BA guarenteed, location doesn't matter to us.

We are 3 people booked in a 4-person room on the Diamond in a few weeks. I booked the cabin primarily for location (aft corner on Caribe deck - large balcony and great view), but I also booked it knowing there was a tiny possibility we might be "upgraded" to a 3-person room.....i.e., minisuite or higher.....if they really needed the 4-person room for someone else. So far, 3 weeks until sailling, we're still in the same room...and I will truly be happy with it if we stay there...but there's always hope for the upgrade fairy, right? :-)

We always book 2 cabins as our son stays in MILs cabin. There is always the chance that she won't be able to come but we need to ensure that we have room to move our son into our cabin if she isn't able to come. We need to book a triple cabin just in case. TA always makes reservation with 3rd person TBA. By final payment MIL decides if she is coming with us and we can then remove the TBA passenger from our booking. It allows us to keep our triple cabin just in case we need in. It was actually Princess Customer Service that suggested booking our cabins this way. Also our 2 cabins are marked don't upgrade as we want side by side cabins.

Archived