Laura S and Host Walt - Board Problems?

gkm

We used good old "Bulletin Board Systems" (I still have one running here that was initiated in 1986). Is Host Walt old enough to remember 300 baud acoustically coupled modems?

I still have a working Tandy 1000 with a 300 baud modem, I'll part with cheap!

Then fix it and stop making excuses.You are not the only place in town.

Your right, maybe you should move to a new town!

Hpoe this helps!

Then fix it and stop making excuses.You are not the only place in town.
Yo - Staten Island --- When do you plan to move to Florida? The rest of your crowd kept getting on my Ft. Lauderdale departures. I've quit sailing from there.

The "hosts" here don't run the IT department at CC.

I still have a working Tandy 1000 with a 300 baud modem, I'll part with cheap!

I've already got a couple of TRS-80's (complete with the addition of another piece of static RAM so I can have lower case!) running and I managed to get one of the old Novation "Cat" acoustic modems w/RS brand on it running again. I'm trying to find one of the old 5 meg hard drive kits (I sold mine years ago) to put one full system back to rights.

Things are indeed frustrating at times. I've managed to make posts that would fill up the posting screen, and then some. At other times, the post has disappeared (I guess it flew out the little vent on the back of the server or something like that:D ). One thing I do, when I see that progress getting to the next screen is impeded (when I see the bars at the bottom of my Internet Explorer not moving) - I click on the stop command on the bar at the top of Internet Explorer (red x on a white rectangle - I use small icons), then I try it again, and again, and..... When I get frustrated and feel like complaining, I remember that CC is free. I also acknowledge that our various Hosts use these boards too, and they want to see things working correctly like the rest of us.

It will get better. It sure is frustrating though.:)

Ken

When I get frustrated and feel like complaining, I remember that CC is free.
In an effort to help defray costs, some of us do subscribe to the hardcopy monthly. Further, CC is clearly in the business of advertising for dozens of different TA's and lines from this site, so the resulting traffic on the boards is, in part, part of their cost of marketing their own product. If these boards weren't here, they'd be much harder pressed to sell the advertising space.

I'm not sure that "free" is entirely correct.

I don't think there were as many problems with the old server, Infopop, as there is with this new company.

It's not a matter of when you log on, this whole thing isn't working. I've gone on in the afternoon, and very late at night, say around 2:30am, central, and there's still major problems. It's getting frustrating and this new provider needs to step up and do a better job, or else it's time to move to another provider.

I know this isn't the fault of the hosts, but whomever makes decisions on who provides the service, should put the screws to the company and tell them that if things aren't shaped up soon, there are other places to take CC.

Has anyone else noticed that when you click submit, if you get the message that says the inialized...and ends in0.66 seconds that this is when you are going to lose what you have posted? Now, as soon as I see that, I stop it and go up and copy so I can cut and paste as I am going to lose what I typed. So far that has been true every time I've gotten those exact seconds listed. Just thought I would pass that along.

I recently subsribed to the print newsletter and was a little disappointed that every coupon they gave me is only good for double occupancy. I travel solo, but have to pay double and still can't use the coupons. Just doesn't seem right. And as cc is well aware of the single travelers problems I was surprised that they helped foster this attitude by allowing these coupons in their product! I was disappointed in the people of cc!:(

I like to read alot of the various cruise boards.

Has anyone noticed that especially the last few days there are fewer and fewer postings. It used to be that I'd log onto the really active boards like Carnival or RCI and it would be a couple of pages until I got to "yesterday." Not now. It's all on page 1. Either people can't post or are starting to give up trying. I know I click on far fewer threads because I'm constantly thinking "is it worth it."

This can't be good.:(

Archived