Cruisetour > time comfortable away

TylerRose

My parents just told me they are not comfortable leaving my sister and her infant triplets for the scheduled time of our trip and have requested we eleminate them from our cruise tour.

Will HAL allow this without the loss of reserved suite that was available as part of cruise tour booking?

I am awaiting a call back from our HAL PCC...

Any suggestions? This is my kids time with the grandparents and I don't want them feeling shorted either!

TylerRose: I don't really understand your question(s). How many suites did you book? If one suite, how many passengers. And most important, your sailing date.... I'll try to answer if a I can....

Let me Clarify,

I booked 3 side by side suites on Ryndam Southbound Departing on July 17th, 2005.

Will HAL allow the Cancellation of 2 adults residing in one of the 3 suites of the Land Tour prior to the 7 day cruise, while allowing them to retain the same cabin?

There are 8 of us total, and 6 of us, occupying the 2 other suites will still partake in Cruise tour.

Let me Clarify,

I booked 3 side by side suites on Ryndam Southbound Departing on July 17th, 2005.

Will HAL allow the Cancellation of 2 adults residing in one of the 3 suites of the Land Tour prior to the 7 day cruise, while allowing them to retain the same cabin?

There are 8 of us total, and 6 of us, occupying the 2 other suites will still partake in Cruise tour.

If you have 3 cabins and only 8 people, you are 1 person short in order to have at least 2 persons to a suite. For 1 person to occupy that suite, that remaining pax would be subject to a single supplemental surcharge, which would probably equal to the fare that 2 passengers would pay for that cabin....I don't think HAL gives a break for single supplements to suites, only on the lower priced cabins....

In other words, the one person would be subject to paying 2 full fares in order to keep the cabin....At least that's what I think....good luck with HAL..

Happy cruising.....

I am just curious as to how long you will be gone on this cruise/tour, total? Are your sisters triplets in bad health? Is she the only parent? How old will they be in 5 months?

If I understand your question correctly, you have 3 suites, 8 persons (more than enough to occupy each suite) and your parents want to drop out of the tour part of your trip only. Should not be a problem retaining their suite, but I am not sure if they will get refunded the tour amount. Might be best just to keep things as they are and let them make their own arrangements to join you for the cruise portion (after your tour).

If you have 3 cabins and only 8 people, you are 1 person short in order to have at least 2 persons to a suite. For 1 person to occupy that suite, that remaining pax would be subject to a single supplemental surcharge, which would probably equal to the fare that 2 passengers would pay for that cabin....I don't think HAL gives a break for single supplements to suites, only on the lower priced cabins....

In other words, the one person would be subject to paying 2 full fares in order to keep the cabin....At least that's what I think....good luck with HAL..

Happy cruising.....

OPPS. I'm really embarassed....My math is way off...should have used my fingers...icon10.gif Just ignore my prior post.....icon11.gif

I think they will let your parents cancel the tour part and reprice as cruise only, based on your sail date I am assuming you have not made final payment and should not have any penalties. However, if your cruisetours were booked as a group by you or an agency with a group booking that may be a problem.

Archived