Pearl Pigout

elcuchio24

So we flip flob between NCL and CCL, looking at doing a cruise on Pearl which we have never been on later in the fall. My question is: is the comfort food 24/7 place as good as it looks? Anyone with views on the pearl---imput appriciated.

I have never sailed on the Pearl (yet) but on her sister the Gem twice.. Never on CCL but I can honestly tell you that on the Pearl you will not go hungry!! Yes, the blue lagoon is a great place for wings, chicken strips, fries and other foods (like a bar type menu) and is open almost around the clock. There is also a grill near the pool that serves all day long... you will not go hungry!!! Not sure if they have those kind of options on CCL, someone else could help you... but if you are looking for 24 hour eating, the Pearl is for you!

I've been on the Pearl, but didn't eat in its Blue Lagoon (I have eaten the Blue Lagoon's food on Pride of Hawaii and Dawn).

The food on PoH and Dawn was very good. My husband and my mother had B.L. food on the Dawn, and they liked it too.

Here is a thread with the B.L. menu from the Jewel. It is the same as what was offered on the Dawn. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1276969

I recommend the fish & chips and hamburger. My mother liked the tomato & basil soup.

I'd be surprised if the food in the Pearl's B.L. wasn't as good as on the other two ships.

On Carnival, there was pizza (very good) and room service to get food from during late hours. I haven't ordered from their room service yet, but I've read that it is pretty good. There is a thread about room service food in the Foodies section on this website, it's worth a look.

Happy cruising, whichever line you decide on.

We were on the Pearl in June to Alaska. DH says the fish & chips at Blue Lagoon were good. DS says the wings are good. He ordered room service late at night (or should I say early morning!) from Blue Lagoon quite often. We were in a Courtyard Villa, so I am not sure if everyone can get room service from there, but I don't know why not. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience on the Pearl. I know most of that was due to being in a suite, and they do treat you like royalty. I know I would like to sail on the Pearl again.

We ate there a couple of times.

My husband enjoyed the fish & chips, won ton soup, and chicken tenders.

My friends enjoyed their spinach & artichoke dip & cheesecake.

I did NOT enjoy the hot buffalo wings. The sauce was terrible and tasted only of vinegar. I loved the tomato basil soup. My burger was so-so. It kind of reminded me of burgers I got at the dining hall in college, so it had sentimental value. ;)

Archived