My review of Sapphire Beach & Paradise Point

mitsugirly

We docked at Havensight and it was 10pp to get there. I'm not sure what the prices would be from Crown Bay.

Here is a taxi price listing that might be helpful to you around the island:

http://www.**********/stthomas/getting_around_stt/taxi_stt/#rates

Also, just so you know, you will more than likely be packed in the taxi van as well to get to your destination (especially when you just leaving from the port). They usually have a lot of people going at the same time and get as many people in there as possible before leaving.

When you leave the beach, I didn't find it to be the same because everyone leaves at different times and at their leisure. So when we left, we were actually the only couple on the van that time. :)

Oh Okay...thanks for all your info:)

Thanx for sharing your pics, and it looks like you both had a very good time. I have snorkeled before but my 2 daughters and son/law have not , but i still think that they would luv to see this beach. we are interested in paradise point too. We are sailing on the Oasis Dec 4,2010. and I am trying to find the perfect places to see. my cruise mates have never cruised before so i really want to do something nice & something to remember.:rolleyes:

thanx again and this is definately a must see and do.

Debbie

What was included in the snorkel package? Do you know much was it to just rent the vests?

I am a little skeeved using someone elses stuff :D

We just rented the mask, snorkel and fins for $7. They all different kinds of stuff there. We brought our own mask and snorkel, but didn't have the fins and we were having problems with MY mask (of course :rolleyes:) fogging up. So we decided after about 2 hours of snorkeling that we would rent fins (to be able to go out deeper) and replace my mask. Since it was so cheap, we just took the entire package.

I was reading on Godfrey's Tours the following comments.

Sapphire Beach is open, but the restaurant and bar on the beach have been closed for a long time. Restrooms are not maintained, dirty and in bad condition. Godfrey Tours will not take any guest to Sapphire Beach until this problem is solved.

Based on what I'm reading in the post, I can't imagine it's as bad as Godfrey's Tours make it sound. Is the restaurant and bar open? What about the restrooms? Anyone use them lately?

Thanks,

Thanks so much for your review! I think we'll be visiting Sapphire in December! We don't need chairs or a fancy bar, since like you did we'll be in the water the whole time. I figure we'll check out Charlotte Amalie then have lunch on the ship and spend our afternoon at Sapphire. We were just in St Thomas in August and enjoyed the tram to Paradise Point as well :).

Thanks so much for your review! I think we'll be visiting Sapphire in December! We don't need chairs or a fancy bar, since like you did we'll be in the water the whole time. I figure we'll check out Charlotte Amalie then have lunch on the ship and spend our afternoon at Sapphire. We were just in St Thomas in August and enjoyed the tram to Paradise Point as well :).

You're very welcome. We were snorkeling most of the time and had our stuff under one of the grape tress for plenty of shade and just layed our towel down when we wanted to sit down and rest (which didn't last but a few minutes before we discovered all the Iguana in the trees and on the beach so I was off to take pictures of those LOL) then back to the water. It would have been a waste to rent chairs for us.

We have been to Megans Bay, Coki Beach, and Trunk Bay in previous visits so this time thinking of going to Sapphire. My 1 GK wants to parasail and 1GK wants a banana boat ride. Did you see any place to rent these activities? Thanks

We have been to Megans Bay, Coki Beach, and Trunk Bay in previous visits so this time thinking of going to Sapphire. My 1 GK wants to parasail and 1GK wants a banana boat ride. Did you see any place to rent these activities? Thanks

I do remember seeing some people riding on jet skis and also para-sailing. However, I don't know if they were renting them there at the beach or somewhere else and just passing by. I was too busy snorkeling. We really didn't wander off too far from where we put our things down (to the right of the entrance). You could probably make a post asking others about it.

Are there any waves to frolic in?

Kathy

Yes, there were waves, not bad ones. It was "fairly" calm (enough to snorkel). But there were waves.

Our plans were to visit Paradise Point first for pictures, then on to Sapphire for some snorkeling, then on to Maggens for a short period before heading back to the ship.

mitsugirly,

My wife and I will cruisin' to St. Thomas next month. We're thinking of going with Godfrey Tours; however, his website indicates he doesn't go to Sapphire Beach as of now. His website says,

"Sapphire Beach is open, but the restaurant and bar on the beach have been closed for a long time. Restrooms are not maintained, dirty and in bad condition. Godfrey Tours will not take any guest to Sapphire Beach until this problem is solved."

Would you find this to be an accurate representation of Sapphire Beach? I just sent an e-mail to Godfrey to see if he still omits Sapphire Beach or if he can accommodate my wife and me.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

-Dennis

Edited by Cajun Reefer

We will be in St. Thomas next month on the Explorer of the Seas and would like to go to a beach.

a. Which beach is closest - cant you get there by walking or taxi?

b. Does that beach have decent/good shore snorkeling? Do they rent equipment?

We would like to do some beach time in morning, lunch on-board and then a little shopping at the market right outside the port.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Mara

mitsugirly,

My wife and I will cruisin' to St. Thomas next month. We're thinking of going with Godfrey Tours; however, his website indicates he doesn't go to Sapphire Beach as of now. His website says,

"Sapphire Beach is open, but the restaurant and bar on the beach have been closed for a long time. Restrooms are not maintained, dirty and in bad condition. Godfrey Tours will not take any guest to Sapphire Beach until this problem is solved."

Would you find this to be an accurate representation of Sapphire Beach? I just sent an e-mail to Godfrey to see if he still omits Sapphire Beach or if he can accommodate my wife and me.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

-Dennis

I read somewhere else (on these boards) the same thing (about the restaurant and the bar being closed) and someone responded that is was not correct information and that it was a ?hotel? or something that had closed due to maybe health issues or something? I can't remember.

I really don't know anything about the tours or excursions. We decided to do everything on the island ourselves so that we could go exactly where we wanted to go and stay as long as we wanted to. I'm really glad we did too because our plans were to go to Paradise Point on the skytram first (however, they do not open up as early as the cruise ships get into port, so you would waste time going there first if you had to wait for them to open up), then go on to Sapphire until around 11 or 12 and then onto Magens. However, we were so impressed and having such a wonderful time at Sapphire, we decided not to hit Magens and stay at Sapphire. Then just hit Paradise right before getting back on the ship. :)

• 2 weeks later...
HI Mitsugirly,

Can you tell me what kind of food they served at the bar/grill on the beach? Was it typical pub fare like burgers, and if so was it expensive? What were drink costs like?

I did not eat at Paradise because we were running low on time and had some shopping to do before heading back to the ship. We only got bushwackers and they were YUMMY! We had a coupon to get money off of them too.

You can go to their site: http://www.ridetheview.com/dinin.html and it gives you the prices of the food and information on it.