Caribbean Princess Cabins

Luv2Cruz11

Have you, or are you going on a sailing aboard the Caribbean Princess? If so, what room do you have, or did you have when you went?

...and how was it????

just curious...;)

Just got back...we were on Aloha midship. The room was wonderful! Had dh and I been travelling alone, it would have been pure heaven. (As it was, we shared our cabin with 2 children which required use of drop down bunk and a cot which was a bit too cozy for my claustrophobic self) It was our first time with a balcony and we loved it!

I had never minded our previous cabins one with restricted view and one with a small porthole window since little time was spent in the room but with the expansive view and surf like sound of the ship's wake offerred by the balcony, I did spend more time in the cabin and on my balcony and loved it! A lovely respite from some of the more crowded areas.

Being on Aloha we were 2 decks down from the pool deck, close enough to be able to take the stairs (good because I think I repel elevators ;) but not close enough to hear any noise from that area. Our room was right by the mid-ship elevator and stairwell and I was concerned that noise would be a problem. For the most part, I heard very little noise from that area and it was not a problem at all.

The balcony was smaller than the ones on the lower decks but more private. We could look down on the lower balconies and I personally would have felt uncomfortable with that.

Be warned though that if the wind is blowing just right and you have the slider opened, use caution opening the cabin door or you and some of your belongings may be sucked into the hallway in a swirling vortex.....(but it WAS really really funny!! ;0)

My boys had an interior room across the hall and their room was comfortable (slight lingering smoke smell was the only negative) and more than spacious enough for the two of them. They spent very little time in their room. They also preferred our balcony. LOL

There will be four of us in our cabin and there should be two upper berths and two lower. Some quad rooms will need to have a pullman brought in at night . If you need a quad you should check to make sure there are four beds in the room. The pullman thing would take up to much room in an already small space.

This is definitely true. The cot folded and was originally in the closet area but couldn't stay there as we needed the closet for clothes for 4 people. Then it was put behind the drape in front of the fixed half of the slider....still taking up space and blocking the view. When it was set up, it was impossible to get to the balcony without climbing over the cot and it blocked the drawers to the vanity (which we used as a dresser)

Double pull downs is definitely the way to go if they are available. Still though, a crowded cruise ship cabin is still WAY better than being home! :-D

We have an inside on the Lido deck on March 19th. Has anyone experienced an inside on this ship??? We found Golden pretty small but are hoping these are a little bigger. Any info on shower or size of bathroom. Can't wait...we won't be in the room much.

We have an inside on the Lido deck on March 19th. Has anyone experienced an inside on this ship??? We found Golden pretty small but are hoping these are a little bigger. Any info on shower or size of bathroom. Can't wait...we won't be in the room much.

I'll be in an inside on the Riviera deck this coming week - I'll report back with what I find. :) They've gotta be bigger than the insides on the Sovereign of the Seas, which is all I have to compare them to!

ok we know inside are small...we won't be in there long...compared to Golden, how are CP interiors? How's the bathroom...shower?? I sure hope you can turn around in it...NCL Spirit was VERY TINY!!!

We had an inside on the Grand last year and from what my agent has told us, they are about the same size. We also have an inside quad, Mar. 12 sailing.Booked inside again, as we also prefer to be on deck most of the time and would rather spend the U.S. dollars on more vacations!!

We have and inside for our 9/17/05 (L249) would like to hear your thoughts of being inside on the Lido.:D

We were on the extended (Thanks Hurricane Jeanne!!!) cruise Sept 18/04 in Baja 331. Loved the balcony. Best friends were next door so we kept the door between the balconies opened.

Room was larger than we expected and balcony was big enough for us. Loved having our coffee on the balcony watching the sunrise every morning.

If you are on the Caribe or Dolphin with the exposed balconies and get up early watch for the window washer around sunrise. If you don't watch for it - prepare to be soaked!

Debbie

My husband and I are going on the Caribbean 3/12. Looking forward to it as we have had at least 4 feet of snow here in SE Mass this winter.

MV Majesty

Norwegian Majesty

Voyager of the Seas

Golden Princess

Norwegian Dawn

Neds6th - I am also sailing on the CP 3/12 - we have a thread under "Roll Call" - there are a bunch of us who met on this board there. We are all going to meet up on the ship. Come and post with us!

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I are going on the June 11th sailing. We booked a mini-suite guarantee. Maybe we'll get lucky and be upgraded to a suite!! Even if we don't we will be thrilled with the mini. My 20th cruise - first time on Princess and 1st suite!!

Just returned from the 2/26 sailing of the Caribbean Princess and We were were in a Balcony Cabin on Baja Deck-B250 slightly towards the front and We loved it. Had a covered balcony and it rained the last day out and We were able to enjoy the balcony as it was covered. The bathroom was quite small. The Shower especially but We managed for the week. Least of Our Worries. We had a great time. Enjoy your cruise no matter what cabin you decide on. We have also been in intereior cabins and they were quite nice too.

Hi! Maybe someone can help me out here. We are on the Caribe deck - inside cabin near the back of the ship - do the inside cabin doors face the balcony rooms? Do we share the hallway or is there a hallway for the inside rooms only? Thanks!!

:eek: We are also taking the CP on April 30th, A239, wish we had the time to take a back to back. Never had a more relaxing time, Cruising is what you make of it!! As is life, go with the flow, be nice and enjoy... There are many less fortunate then us. I understand all the cabins are nice compared to the older ships with room sizes from 98-116 sqft. 1st balony, however always took the least expensive route before..Never stayed in the room that much, but with more balcony cabins and less deck seating figured we needed a place to just get away. See you there

Zuma

I agree... we are all very fortunate to be able to go on cruise vacations. :)

I just like to know the tricks n secrets ahead of time, especially since we're gonna have 4 adults in a Baja deck oceanview balcony stateroom, which seems to be, from the pics, pretty snug for even 2 people!

As this is everyone in my groups' first time cruising with Princess, I just thought I'd come to the boards and see what everyone has to say, and if anyone had any tips for us. So far so good!

Thanks! ;)

Archived