Caribbean Princess Cabins

Luv2Cruz11

Hey beachgirl2221 we are sailing in May C-259 if its like the Grand Princess the balcony is half cover half not real nice size balcony can't wait!!! Its a must to do breakfast in the morning on your balcony!!! Once you do balcony you won't go back...

I just sailed on the Caribbean Princess on 1/22-1/29/05....We were on Emerald210......Great cabin....Also obstructed but between the lifeboats and not a problem.... The only problem was the showers........I've said it before and will say it again...They are ridiculously small.... Not smart on Princess's part to have such small showers but what can you do........Otherwise, great.........;)

We are on the CP July 9 Caribe, I cant remember the cabin number! I am terrible! We are go excited! This is my second cruise, first with Princess. After reading these boards had to get the Balcony on Caribe deck. Looking forward to a GREAT trip!

Beachgirl... when are you going?

On the carribean princess the Dolpin balconys are larger then the balcanys that are above them. I will be on the Baja deck in July and will be able to look down from my balcony onto the people on the Dolphin balconys unless they move there chairs back under my balcony. I dont think I would like people looking down on me like that so I opted to go up to Baja deck and save a couple of bucks. 0n another cruise ( carnival truimph) I had a balcony and could look straight down to the water. That was real nice and nobody was above watching you. One more thing , There will be four of us in our cabin and there should be two upper berths and two lower. Some quad rooms will need to have a pullman brought in at night . If you need a quad you should check to make sure there are four beds in the room. The pullman thing would take up to much room in an already small space.

Anyone know anything about the oceanview balcony rooms? We booked one, and we have 3, possibly 4 people in our room. (The travel agent said the room will accomodate 4). Is the 4th bed a rollaway or will there be 2 upper bunks? Also, has anyone ever had trouble requesting a rollaway bed?

Just wondering, because all the descriptions of our room say that there are two twin beds... (but no other info on the 3rd & 4th beds...)

Thanks guys!

Luv2cruz11-

It all depends if you can get a balcony room with 2 upper bunks. On the Caribbean Princess there are very few balcony rooms with 2 uppers. Now if you move up to the mini-suites and higher there are more choices. We booked back in January for October 22 and could only get a room with one upper bunk and the "dreaded" rollaway.

At least if they take it away during the day maybe it won't be too bad... :eek:

By the way back to the topic...

We were in D520 last September, and it was quite nice for an inside room (even with 4 people) It was quite a tease looking across the hall into the mini-suites while in an inside cabin...This October we will be in A510 and we are greatly looking forward to the balcony!!! :D

We just got off the Feb. 4-12 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. Our mini-suite D412 was terrific. The prices went down after our initial deposit for a balcony room on the Caribe deck to lower than the balcony price--travel agent was able to switch.

We wanted the larger room, it has a small sitting room with a sofa bed next to the bed area, a second tv, and also the bathroom has a bathtub/shower combination which gets around the small showers on this ship.

The exposed balcony was absolutely not a problem and we had the adjoining door on the balcony unlocked so we could go from our room to adjoining relatives' room without going through the hall.

Go to the lycos.com website for a great virtual tour of this ship.

Sailed Feb 5-12 on CP Mini-suite E730 You can't see from the deck plans but E730 and E731 at the very back have a HUGE BALCONY- and covered fully as well -(great for our overnight sleep-outs!)

We had a table for 4 for eating and we asked the cabin steward to bring a couple padded loungers out as well

Oh- and a REAL BIG HINT FOR BREAKFAST ON THE BALCONY- you only get a continental breakfast order card for morning room service - well, we got around this by "finding" the top suites breakfast order cards on the stewards cart- these allow you to order Full breakfasts- eggs,bacon etc etc etc- we "found" enough of these to last the whole week

This worked well but we never had this issue on RCCL- all ooms got full breakfast room service- Princess- ?

Archived