Aft Balcony-please help :)

My bf really wants to get an aft balcony for a future cruise. I've read a lot of reviews on here about the vibration and whatnot. If you've ever been in one can you please try to tell me how it feels exactly?

Is it nonstop?

Can it make you sick?

Is it annoying?

Is it loud?

Anything that you can do to describe it would be awesome. If it's something we can get over, they definitely look awesome. :D

Thanks!!

The vibration you feel is when arriving or leaving port.. nothing during the cruise.. but out of 10 cruises I have had aft wraps for 7 of them.. and would never go without an aft if at all possible.. check into the sea sick meds and take them at night each night before bed.. and you should be fine..;)

You may get noise depending on which deck you are on.. deck 6 and 8 would be the nosiest try to get deck 7 sandwiched between to decks of cabins no noise issue :)

My bf really wants to get an aft balcony for a future cruise. I've read a lot of reviews on here about the vibration and whatnot. If you've ever been in one can you please try to tell me how it feels exactly?

Is it nonstop?

Can it make you sick?

Is it annoying?

Is it loud?

Anything that you can do to describe it would be awesome. If it's something we can get over, they definitely look awesome. :D

Thanks!!

DW and I had an aft balcony on the Legend. We loved it for two reasons:

1. It's extended, so you have more room than a regular balcony.

2. The great views you get leaving the ports.

We were on 8th deck, right below the aft pool on the Lido deck, and never had a problem with noise and no problem sleeping at night. The only vibrations we felt were when the ship was pulling in or leaving the port area, I believe that's because of the stablizers. Not annoying, we didn't get sick and it wasn't loud.

If you get one, you'll love it.

Is it nonstop? No.

Can it make you sick? Not by itself

Is it annoying? Not really

Is it loud? It can be!

Thanks!!

I was in # 7442 on Carnival Freedom and loved it.

You'll notice the commotion entering and leaving port, but if you go outside to watch, you can sometimes see your ship practically pivoting in place as the captain maneuvers the thrusters and creates al that vibration - kind of neat, if not a total tradeoff. I didn't mind it a bit, and the extra balcony space plus the view of the wake were just great. When the ship is underway, there's no more noise than in any other cabin.

On the Triumph we had Aft on deck 7....LOVED every minute of it. Yes it is some bigger, yes it is a farther walk but it is well worth it. Bring a bungee cord to hold the door open.

The only thing I did not care for but I did know that there would be smokers around us but other than that....it was awesome....well worth it...

Go ahead and book Aft..you will enjoy

I've have a few aft balconies on Spirit class ships. I thought it sort of felt like what riding in a train feels like. There is a certain amount of vibration and not just when it port. Probably what the seas are like play a part as well.

Felt it all the way down to Acapulco last Nov on the Spirit. But on the way back north it went away. Other cruises it came and went.

It's noticeable but I would not say bothersome for the most part. The cruise down to Acapulco it started to get to me a little bit.

But I would not hesitate to book an aft again. Have another coming up in November. View is great, balconies are larger not much foot traffic past you cabin door cause only the people who HAVE to walk that far to get to their cabin are back there. ;)

The one we had on the Zuiderdam had NO area to get out of the sun! I love the sun but can't be in it all the time. It was great to have such a large deck but because of no shade AND all the furniture was soaking wet each morning, we could rarely use it. Also, the sun just poured into the room, so hot we had to keep the curtains closed during the day as the AC couldn't keep up. Also, no privacy was an issue. I agree the views are GREAT! But, we now book on the port or starboard because of the above. I would like to snag one of the wrap-around one day!!

I was on Spirit aft 6264 and really enjoyed it. No vibration for me.:confused: It was noisy out on the balcony when sailing cuz of the the wake and churning water but once the door was shut, it was peaceful. Just watch out for soot on the chairs from the smoke stack. Not a big deal just remember to put a towel down before sitting so you don't damage clothing.

The view is awesome.

2907501720040669306S425x425Q85.jpg2701687260040669306S425x425Q85.jpg

2987028450040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

DW and I had an aft balcony on the Legend. We loved it for two reasons:

1. It's extended, so you have more room than a regular balcony.

2. The great views you get leaving the ports.

We were on 8th deck, right below the aft pool on the Lido deck, and never had a problem with noise and no problem sleeping at night. The only vibrations we felt were when the ship was pulling in or leaving the port area, I believe that's because of the stablizers. Not annoying, we didn't get sick and it wasn't loud.

If you get one, you'll love it.

Thank you for your info, MyStone99. DW and I have an aft wrap booked on the Legend next March and your info helped cement our anticipation.

Thank you so much for your input everyone. :) Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but I was wondering if I could get an aft wrap with a regular balcony next door...is that possible? I don't know if the ship's layout would allow that.

Not quite sure what you mean by a regular balcony. We cruised on the Spirit with our son and his girlfriend and we had a wrap balcony. Their cabin was right next door and it was an extended balcony. If you book the first cabin on the side of the ship right next to your extended balcony, it is a regular balcony. Good luck!!!

"AZ K G" probably mentioned the only negative we have found on the aft balconies. We had a lot of soot fall to our deck on the Spirit and we actually watched it fall around us one evening. We really believed the people above us were knocking out smoking pipes and it was falling on us:confused:.

We even called guest services to come look at it for us. It wasn't until they came and told us it was from the downdraft at the back of the ship that we even knew what was happening.

If you're careful and wipe the chairs and use a towel, you'll enjoy it. Also, if you go out barefooted, you can get black stains on the bottoms of your feet from the soot. Be very careful with dress clothes and whites as well.

We've had 3 AFT balconies so far and have 2 reserved. The foot stains go away after a little while.;)

Kev

Thank you so much for your input everyone. :) Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but I was wondering if I could get an aft wrap with a regular balcony next door...is that possible? I don't know if the ship's layout would allow that.

Depends on the ship but look at the deck plan to see if there are adjoining cabins. I know on the Spirit class there is an adjoining aft extended balcony next to the aft wrap. The partitions to the balcony might be able to be opened up if the cabins don't connect to give you that connection but it is kind of up to the ship ability to open and captain to allow it. If it can be opened, the steward can do it. Adjoining cabins on the Spirit class is on deck 4 (4237 & 4239) and (4228 & 4230) connect.

Is it nonstop?

Can it make you sick?

Is it annoying?

Is it loud?

Thanks!!

Before you book look at a video of it (you can find one with a google search). It's very narrow, I was in one on the Freedom breifly and two of us out there was uncomfortable. Too small, the Aft Suites (Vista Suites) are nice if you like the back of the ship. I dont personally like the back of the ship, although I sat on the balcony in a Vista Suite for awhile and it was enjoyable. I still preferred my Ocean Suite better for location reasons. One thing good about being in the back if you can get a nice workout.

Archived