Suggestions pls - what to do in Miami ??

onebzyldy

We have a mid afternoon flight and do not want to sit at the airport for 4 - 5 hours, can anyone suggest what we can do once we disembark in the early AM ? We have done the Miami City Tour and the Everglades Tour - so aside from repeating one of these tours we r in a fog :o Mainly cause we will have luggage in tow ! ! ! :p

Welcome any suggestions :)

Happy Cruising.........

DonnaF :D

We are in exactly the same situation. We fly back to the uk at 7pm ! I cant sit at the airport that long !

We have also done everglades and city tour.

So far we have looked into getting a car , but by the time you have been picked up , gone to te office , paperwork , etc and got back to the port , its not worth it.

We have also contacted a number of tour companies how have suggestioned the seaquarium , owever iv been to seaworld , and this does not even look in te same league and is quite expensive with the travel.

The only reasonable option I have come up with so far is getting a cheap as possible hotel room , dumping the luggage and just relaxing for a few hours around the beach/malls/city

If anyone reading this has any suggestions , it would be much appreciated

Head down to South Beach and walk aroound for a couple of hours. We did this when we had time to kill after a cruise, and had a great time.

I think that's a great suggestion because you can get a bite to eat, do a bit of shopping, stroll onto the beach, sit by a hotel pool....stretch your legs & get some fresh air before a long flight!

Isn't there an option to "check your luggage" with the cruiseline? If so, I do this & grab a cab to South Beach...

How far is it from the cruise port to South Beach? Just wondering if this would be an option for us since we are doing a back to back out of Miami and were thinking maybe we could explore a little for a few hours while the ship clears out and new paxs come onboard.

Or you could scroll down through the postings from the past week or so, as some others contributed to discussions about this same thing.

Wow, does it really bother you that much if people ask the same question again? You could choose not to read or reply to that inquiry.

Have you looked over on the Homeports board at Miami, there are lots of suggestions already posted and you can ask more specific questions and get answers from people who actually live there.

Thank you for that suggestion :) - far more informative than the sarcastic one prior :o Much appreciated,,,,,,,,never thought of looking at the homeports board, althought I did check some other boards ! Thanx again

Happy Cruising..........

DonnaF :D

Go to MIA and check your luggage, then take the new express bus, Airport Flyer http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf to Miami Beach.

I like the Lincoln Rd location. Lots of shops and cafes in an open air pedestrian mall.

If you can check your bags with your cruise line, do so, but I don't think that's an option for international flights. Call your airline to see if they'll check your bags early.

Bon Voyage!

Archived