flowers

leeuwarden

No, you can't bring any live plants on board with you...

This is not correct. You can bring flowers on board at embarkation only per Carnival's policy.

Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division.

What about a Hawaiian cruise? Can you bring fresh flower Leis on board?

Yes you can bring fresh flowers on board in Hawaii. I was just on the Spirit this past week and we purchased a real lei with no problem at all.

Also I did see a boquet of flowers in a couple of rooms early on in the cruise. I bet you can order some from the BonVoyage Dept. There is a good chance you can bring them onboard. Call and ask. It may be they do not want you to take them off the ship just like you are not allowed to remove any fresh fruit etc.

Yes you can bring fresh flowers on board in Hawaii. I was just on the Spirit this past week and we purchased a real lei with no problem at all.

Also I did see a boquet of flowers in a couple of rooms early on in the cruise. I bet you can order some from the BonVoyage Dept. There is a good chance you can bring them onboard. Call and ask. It may be they do not want you to take them off the ship just like you are not allowed to remove any fresh fruit etc.

Bon voyage roses. A pity we had to leave them on the ship after the cruise. This was taken the last sea day and they are still in great shape.

P5220016.JPG

I gave a friend of mine her flowers for the wedding, which she wanted to keep and could not take off the ship. So the wedding was on land, and I had one arrangment for her and corsages for her mom and the mother in law. The mom took off the corsage thinking she couldn't wear it on board, the mother in law wore hers and had no problem. I had to make a silk arrangement for the party on the ship, and the original bouquet got thrown out. What a waste of money. On is OK, off is not an option.

can i bring fresh cut flowers with me when we board? i was thinking about buying an bouqet for our suite

Yes, you can bring them on board, you just can't take them off later. That applies to all sailings, including bringing leis on board in Hawaii.

Archived