iPad and iTouch

catenai

Our friends are currently on the Voyager. Their cruise ends in Athens in just a few days.

They have not been able to email using their iPad and iTouch. They were told by the computer person that they don't work with the server on the ship. They both have Roadrunner email addresses, which could be causing the problem with the server.

I know some of you have used your iPad on the ship. Did you have an email address such as yahoo or gmail? My husband and I each have an iPod Touch and want to use it on our next cruise. Should we set up an extra email since we also have Roadrunner (rr) email?

Any hints for our friends that they can use before their cruise ends? By the way, they are having a great time.

Thanks.

Thanks, Dave. They have been using the webmail, which is what we all use when traveling. The mail just shows up much better and it is easier/nicer to just click the mail icon on the iPad or iPod Touch. The interface (if I am using the correct term) is pretty slick on those devices and better when not logging into the web mail.

We were hoping to be able to communicate with FaceTime while they were on the ship. They used it on their iPod Touch from the SLC airport, where they changed planes and it was pretty slick. She walked me around the Delta lounge. That's such a fun feature, but not available on the iPad yet.

Many ISP's block external IP SMTP addresses. This is designed to prevent their outbound (your sending) path from being accessed by external spammers. Road Runner is known for this!!

However you could get a Gmail account and do you sending through the Gmail server.

Thanks for the info. On our next Mariner cruise which is not until Sept. 2011 (wah), I will set up a gmail address just so that it will be easier to communicate with my friends. My husband and I each have an iPodTouch and we will also have our netbook with us.

Has anyone had success with using FaceTime while in Europe?

Archived