Carnival Spirit 4K Rooms

anjoliza

Can anyone tell me if the french doors in these rooms actually open? How obstructed is the views? and does anyone have, or can steer to to where I can find, pictures of these rooms?

Thanks!!!

Also, I am wondering if this ship has any of the decks at the front of the ship that you can access through the "not so secret" doors?? It looks like the Verandah Deck might have a bit of a deck area. The rooms at the front on the Verandah are 4D's and I'm wondering if they have the windows similar to the 4J's on the Conquest ships?

Again, thanks for any information you can pass on to me. Actually any information on the Spirit would be appreciated.:)

Yes, the french doors open, but just a few inches - there is a metal bar to keep the door from opening further. Some 4ks are completely obstructed by the life boats, some have views to one side or another. You still get light through the large doors/window. Laurie

I'm not an expert on the issue, but I've looked into it some, since we're booked in a 4K next April. I've seen several pictures with the doors wide open, opening into the room (pull instead of push). I've seen pictures of people leaning out over the railing too. I hope they all do that.

*****Be careful when picking your room: There are four 4K rooms that don't have the French doors, but a picture window instead. These rooms are 4202, 4203, 4205, & 4207.

I'm not sure about the secret door to overlook the front of the ship. Looking at the deck plans, those Verandah rooms at the front are the same category as the regular insides, which makes me think they aren't the "obstructed view" that we see on other classes. It kind of looks like the overlook to the front of the ship is up on Lido deck, similar to how it is on Fantasy class and was on Holiday class.

Annette (OP), I just realized that this was you!:) I hope your 2nd week on the Dream was as amazing as the first. The French doors rooms are very popular, and we're really looking forward to it. We're booked in 4130, which we think may be quite obstructed. Sometimes, you've just got to look at the deck plans and try to pick one right between the boats, and hope it turns out right.

I was on the Legend last April in a 4K, Cabin 4140. Door opens fully inward. You may also need to move bed a little and we also use the bed to keep the door open.

4140 has a view of the water between the lifeboats which isn't too bad.

Annette (OP), I just realized that this was you!:) I hope your 2nd week on the Dream was as amazing as the first. The French doors rooms are very popular, and we're really looking forward to it. We're booked in 4130, which we think may be quite obstructed. Sometimes, you've just got to look at the deck plans and try to pick one right between the boats, and hope it turns out right.

Hey Colin - how are you? Thanks for the info!! I'm looking at the 15 cruise to Hawaii form San Diego in April 2012 on the Spirit. I have tentaviely booked room 4115, which looks like it might be one with a bit of a view. I hope to make up my mind for sure in the next few days and then move that booking over into Early Saver.

Hope you and your parents are doing well and that maybe some day we can cruise together again!

We booked one of these cabins on the Miracle last year. IMO it's one of the best valued cabins on the entire ship. My dh wanted to be able to look out at the water and have daylight in our cabin. I wanted to be up higher on the ship (normal ocean views are on the lower decks) so this compromised was wonderful. Our cabin view was exactly as someone previously posted with the pics. We loved it so much we booked the exact cabin on our upcoming cruise. If all ships had these cabins I'd book them without hesitation :)

Thank-you everyone - I am very excited about this cabin now!!! especially because the door can open - that is big plus!!! My PVP said they didn't but that didn't make sense to me. Based on the replies here, I will go with the ones that say the doors open all the way as opposed to the one reply saying only a few inches - power of positive thinking ;)

Hey Colin - how are you? Thanks for the info!! I'm looking at the 15 cruise to Hawaii form San Diego in April 2012 on the Spirit. I have tentaviely booked room 4115, which looks like it might be one with a bit of a view. I hope to make up my mind for sure in the next few days and then move that booking over into Early Saver.

Hope you and your parents are doing well and that maybe some day we can cruise together again!

Hi Annette! We've been doing good. That would be an awesome cruise to take! We've talked about that, and we've talked about flying to Hawaii. As you can see in my signature, I've got 3 cruises coming, including my return to the Dream, going solo on that one (got the 150% supplement barely in time). After that is up in the air. I'm always up for more cruising. My parents know that I'm up to accompany them whenever they would have me. And, I've added other cruises as well.

I am guessing that 4115 will have a pretty good view between the lifeboats, based on other reports from rooms in similar spots (including the post in this thread about 4141). Hopefully, we'll be seeing another countdown clock added to your signature.

Archived