Gothenburg-Paddan boats, Trams and Liseberg Questions

Sheal

Can anyone give me some advice on this port? We will be on RC Jewel arriving 8/8.

My understanding is that RC has a shuttle which we will probably use to get to the city center. Does anyone know how long it takes from the pier to the city center? From where the shuttle drops off I believe it is a short walk to the Padden boats. Is this correct?

Does anyone know what time the 50 minute tours begin? Looking at the website today it appears to be 11:30. Do they start earlier in the summer?

I am thinking about going to Liseberg. Is it easy enough to find the 7-11, news agents or Vasttrafik to purchase tickets for the tram?

Tram takes about 8 minutes from Central station to Liseberg? Does this sound right and how far is it from the tram stop to the entrance?

If the Paddan boats do not start earlier than 11:30 will we have enough time to do the tour, get to the park by 1:00 and stay until 4:00? Will 1 hour be enough time to get back to the ship? Is 3 hours enough time to hang out and relax for a while?

Thanks so much,

Sheal

We were just there in Aug. on the Jewel ..You must take the shuttle bus since you are in a very busy "working' industrial port.and you feel like you are so far from town..which you are !!!.It is $9.00 pp one way :eek:. And run from 9am-4pm ..I seem to remember it was a bit of a drive maybe 25 min or more..They drop you off at Gustav Adolphs Torg which is pretty much in the middle of town..We were on an early bus and nothing was open that early in town..Sorry to those that enjoyed this port but we as well as many others it seemed that we overheard were not impressed and found the options of things to do very lacking..The shuttle bus was very crowded to go back to the ship by 12:00pm..That day by 1:00pm the WJ was the most crowded we had seen it.The most interesting thing we and others noted and saw from our seat in the WJ was the amazing inner workings of the port, loading & unloading ships ...Sorry that this port replaced Oslo, haven't been there but have heard better reviews..Anything you are thinking about doing in this port "Do It" just to fill up port time..JMHO of course for that time and that cruise date !!!

We were just there in Aug. on the Jewel ..You must take the shuttle bus since you are in a very busy "working' industrial port.and you feel like you are so far from town..which you are !!!.It is $9.00 pp one way :eek:. And run from 9am-4pm ..I seem to remember it was a bit of a drive maybe 25 min or more..They drop you off at Gustav Adolphs Torg which is pretty much in the middle of town..We were on an early bus and nothing was open that early in town..Sorry to those that enjoyed this port but we as well as many others it seemed that we overheard were not impressed and found the options of things to do very lacking..The shuttle bus was very crowded to go back to the ship by 12:00pm..That day by 1:00pm the WJ was the most crowded we had seen it.The most interesting thing we and others noted and saw from our seat in the WJ was the amazing inner workings of the port, loading & unloading ships ...Sorry that this port replaced Oslo, haven't been there but have heard better reviews..Anything you are thinking about doing in this port "Do It" just to fill up port time..JMHO of course for that time and that cruise date !!!

Yikes! I did not even know any major lines called at Gothenburg. I've been there a couple of times, once for business once to "give it a chance". Not my favorite city and if I was on a cruise that featured Gothenburg as a port of call, well ...... ummmm. If NCL starts docking at Gothenburg and calling it Stockholm ..... nevermind :D

Some decent restaurants in Gothenburg.

Only my personal opinion folks, please no flames.

Al

Yikes! I did not even know any major lines called at Gothenburg. I've been there a couple of times, once for business once to "give it a chance". Not my favorite city and if I was on a cruise that featured Gothenburg as a port of call, well ...... ummmm. If NCL starts docking at Gothenburg and calling it Stockholm ..... nevermind :D

Some decent restaurants in Gothenburg.

Only my personal opinion folks, please no flames.

Al

Yes Royal Caribbean (Jewel of the Seas) has changed to Gothenburg recently instead of Oslo...It was our last port after an amazing Baltic 12 night cruise...loved all the other ports we visited but this was a waste of a port visit for us and many others.....:rolleyes:

Archived