cheapest option?

Travel Lover

Is it cheaper for us to take a taxi from POM to our hotel in Ft Lauderdale or take SAS? We have two adults and two kids. I am not sure how much a taxi would cost... Anyone else know? Actually I think we are staying in Hollywood.

Last cruise I did MIA-FLL by taxi - cost $72, at night with no traffic. I think the taxi-shuttle costs are probably comparable.

Of course, the cheapest option would probably be to rent a car - probably can get a one-day rental for $40ish.

Is it cheaper for us to take a taxi from POM to our hotel in Ft Lauderdale or take SAS? We have two adults and two kids. I am not sure how much a taxi would cost... Anyone else know? Actually I think we are staying in Hollywood.

If you aren't traveling during a big event, you can probably hotwire or priceline a car for $20.

Thank you so much...

Well SAS is closed today so I will call them tomorrow.

I called hertz and they wanted $109 for one day !!!!!!!!! And that was a small car. I told them that is nuts b/c I am renting from them the week before for 2 nights for like $99 total !!!

I may try hotwire or something too.

Hertz is always the dearest...Believe me Ive checked them all for exactly the same trip...

We only need the car purely to take us up to FLL after flying into Miami, as we booked a hotel fairly near cruise/airport...

Seriously I dont why more people dont do this as its way cheaper than taxis, shuttles, or limos...:D

Its cost us $30 for the night and free parking at the hotel...Will drop of on our way to the port the next day...

Doing the exact same thing on the way back...

I would check out all the other car rentals as well as there wasnt a lot of difference in price, except for Hertz and if that was your first option, I'm not surprised you were put off, thinking they would maybe all be around the same price...

For 2 adults and 2 kids, its ideal...

Thank you so much...

Well SAS is closed today so I will call them tomorrow.

I called hertz and they wanted $109 for one day !!!!!!!!! And that was a small car. I told them that is nuts b/c I am renting from them the week before for 2 nights for like $99 total !!!

I may try hotwire or something too.

That's ridiculous. Try Thrifty, using code 004M001010 (Orlando Magicard). Just priced Oct. 16-17, pick-up at MIA, drop-off at their Miami Road location (free shuttle to Port Everglades). Smallest economy car costs $39.41 all-in.

Archived