Tabyana Beach, Roatan

emosewa

• 3 weeks later...

Ive seen Carnival has a Tabyana beach break which includes the lounge chairs for 36.00 per person-I guess I was thinking since we want those chairs that actually probably comes out cheaper than taking a taxi and then renting one for each of us-Is my math wrong?Its early and I ve only had 1 cup of coffee--Is it Jan 2 yet??:D

Ive seen Carnival has a Tabyana beach break which includes the lounge chairs for 36.00 per person-I guess I was thinking since we want those chairs that actually probably comes out cheaper than taking a taxi and then renting one for each of us-Is my math wrong?Its early and I ve only had 1 cup of coffee--Is it Jan 2 yet??:D

You might consider Island Marketing's "West Bay Beach Break". R/T transportation is included in the price.

I planned to use the ship's Tabyana Beach trip before I read the reviews for Island Marketing.

http://roatancruiseexcursions.com/RoatanWestBayBeachBreak.html

Extract from confirmation e-mail:

Payment Information: Adults$17.500

Transfers$15.00

Total:$32.50

Deposit (collected by Island Marketing ltd(Cayman):$4.38Total due at time of Excursion:$28

I thought of that but it seems its 6 hours where the Carnival is at your leisure and there are free shuttles every half hour leaving after an hour so if we only wanted 3 or more hours just like the convienence

The price of a return taxi (if necessary) won out after comparing a more wide open beach and snorkel area.

I'll be solo, so I can go a bit more upscale than some families. ;)

I've done the ship's Tabyana trip and it was fine. No real complaints except a bit crowded.

Tell your driver to drop you at Infinity Bay Beach Resort (closest to the prime snorkeling on West Bay). You don't need to pay the $15 fee for a chair/umbrella (unless you choose to do so) - just plop your towel down on the sand and go into the water. If it's a really sunny day, drop your things under one of the large trees right near the Palapa Bar so that you'll have shade. If you have a private driver for the day, he will stay with your things the entire time you're in the water.....

You can get food/drinks for anywhere - Infinity's Palapa Bar, Bananarama, Mayan Princess, Bite on the Beach, San Simone Beach Club.....numerous choices all of which have great food.

We hired a driver from Victors booth when we arrived at the pier. After a short island tour, and a stop for the monkeys, we went to Mayan Princess. $10 Day Pass. We walked to the end, just like you said, for snorkeling.

I was disappointed to see the dying coral in the shallow part but glad the coral further out is thriving.

Once we got past the shallow part, it was wonderful!! We saw mucho coral and tons of pretty reef fish. Plus barracuda, good size snapper, flounder and squid!! Best beach snorkle I have done. Thanks Watchdiva for the directions and recommendations.

Diane

Archived