Will the Eclipse Shows Change?

algorithmannie

I am not sure but when we sailed on the Millie last October out of San Juan, the dance troupe were just coming to the end of a 5 to 6 month stint which had begun on the first northbound sailing up to Alaska early in May.

They had been on the ship all through the summer and on its Panama Canal transit as the ship moved into its winter position in the Caribbean. They did the one departure out of San Juan and then flew back to the UK.

They were on the same MIA/LHR as we were and it was really interesting talking to them - they certainly have a gruelling schedule.

We did a back stage tour on our recent Freedom of the Seas cruise and they explained that the sets and rigging for the production shows were installed when the ship was built and cost big bucks. Consequently they keep the same productions for at least 5 years. I would imagine that all of the new ships with their elaborate sets and rigging are the same. So same show, different cast.

We have been on Solstrice twice & the Solstice show ws pretty much the same although it had a diff cast with different skills--so it was Ok to see it twice--

the first time we were a few rows back from the stage--& the cast comes ivery close to the audience-- the next time we chose the balcony & got a brand new perspective..as alot of it is aerial

First of all, I assume you're a Math Major, but does anyone ever think you're an Al Gore fan? (I hope not!).

I'm a RCCL fan who will be doing Eclipse in January, so I'll be looking forward to your comments (love your blog). On past cruises I've e-mailed RCCL and they'll usually send a list of performers and shows for a particular cruise. Since Celeb is a sister company, why not try their Customer Relations?

I would add, however, the info I've received is usually about 75% accurate - understandable I suppose with trying to schedule performers.

Archived