Question about shore excursions (booked through the cruise line)

techie123

The shore excursions for my cruise have opened for booking finally. Actually I was pleasantly surprised since I expected the excursions to open in February or March. The Rhapsody arrives in Juneau at 11:00 AM on May 15, 2011, and I've booked the Mendenhall Glacier and Whale Quest excursion at 1:45 PM. I would like to spend some time in port before the excursion. Would I have to return to the ship to check in for the excursion, or could I check in on the dock? What time would I need to plan on returning to the dock?

The shore excursions for my cruise have opened for booking finally. Actually I was pleasantly surprised since I expected the excursions to open in February or March. The Rhapsody arrives in Juneau at 11:00 AM on May 15, 2011, and I've booked the Mendenhall Glacier and Whale Quest excursion at 1:45 PM. I would like to spend some time in port before the excursion. Would I have to return to the ship to check in for the excursion, or could I check in on the dock? What time would I need to plan on returning to the dock?

You will be told where and when to meet when you get your excursion ticket, usually on the first day if you pre-purchased your excursion.

You will meet your tour on the pier. They will be holding a sign with the tour name on it and the cruise line. You need to be in the area five or ten minutes before the assembly time. There is no need to go back on the ship.

Archived