Labadee vs. Coco Cay

Maddycakes

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

January will be my first cruise where we did not stop at Labadee, instead we are stopping at Coco Cay. Will I be disappointed with Coco Cay? I have my DD who is 5, is there still child care on Coco Cay avliable?

Any Info will be greatly appreciated:)

Thank you,

Maddycakes

I've been to both several times (like both of them) and I can say it really wouldn't make a difference to me which of the two islands I was going to.

That is good to hear. December will be my first cruise without a stop at Labadee as well. It is always my favorite place.

Coco Cay is very nice. The biggest difference now is that on CoCo Cay, you tender. Labadee now has the dock but both have plenty of beach space.

Hey off the subject but we are going on the Enchanment in 54 days. We have done fos now twice. I am hoping not to be disappointed in the size difference..are there plenty of things to do on board? First time with a balcony...how can I get the door to stay open to the balcony..do you really feel more motion on board the smaller then the larger ship and highier up?? Do you happen to have any of the daily compasses..

Hey off the subject but we are going on the Enchanment in 54 days. We have done fos now twice. I am hoping not to be disappointed in the size difference..are there plenty of things to do on board? First time with a balcony...how can I get the door to stay open to the balcony..do you really feel more motion on board the smaller then the larger ship and highier up?? Do you happen to have any of the daily compasses..

I can't help you. I have never cruised on the Enchantment. I'm sure that others on here can give you a comparison.:)

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

January will be my first cruise where we did not stop at Labadee, instead we are stopping at Coco Cay. Will I be disappointed with Coco Cay? I have my DD who is 5, is there still child care on Coco Cay avliable?

Any Info will be greatly appreciated:)

Thank you,

Maddycakes

To me, Labadee is no comparison to CocoCay if you are looking for a "beach". Labadee is OK, but CocoCay has nice sandy beaches , where Labadee is very rocky. I would go so far as to recommend you have water shoes before you go into the water at Labadee. On the other hand, CocoCay is a beach, and that is about all it is. As someone else mentions, no zip line, coaster, etc.

One other thing, you mention you are going in Jan - Unless you from the north or West Coast, the water will be a little on the cool side, so be prepared.

We visited Labadee in July and Coco Cay in September of this year. This was our first time back to Coco Cay since 1990. Whereas Coco Cay has not significantly changed ( it was a beach and still is a beach) .... Labadee has changed hugely since my first visit there in 2002.

Labadee has become a destination with many activities to partake in while there. CocoCay is considerably more sedate and with afford you a beach day with a nice beach and nice views.

However, Coco Cay is a precarious stop. It is a tender accessed stop. When the water is too rough to tender, you will NOT be going to the beach. It happens quite often, just read these pages on cruise critic.

We were just on the Enchantment in July. I don't think that you will be disappointed. RCCL always has plenty of activities to keep you busy. It is similiar to Grandeur but bigger because of the added section. We have also been on the Explorer and Voyager were we experienced a lot of motion on one of them for 2 days because of a broken stablizer. The high you go the more motion. Sorry we did not keep the compasses.

You will be going out of Baltimore? Any questions?

Archived