Booked in handicap room and dont need it?

canary1974

Just wondering if anyone has experience with being booked in a handicap room and not really needing it. i was just trying to get in the middle of the ship to avoid sea sickness. Just booked last minute a week ago. Cruise leaves out of charleston on october 20th which is very soon. Do I have a better chance of getting upgraded to a suite since there is no balconys? I would love it but couldnt afford a suite at the going rate. Has anyone had any experience with this situation before?

Thanks

I have had a veritable suite of an inside HC cabin on Princess. I was doing a B2B and did an inside gty. When I saw my cabin assignment, and discovered it was HC, I emailed my TA to say 'do they know I'm not HC?' She said yes, they know. Apparently it was the only inside available for both legs of the B2B. I only booked a month out. EM

When you're this close to a sailing date, and they've assigned you the cabin, it is very unlikely that you'll get assigned a different cabin. They're filling up the ship and filling up the different categories; you requested a cabin in a specific area, and they've assigned it.

Have a great cruise!

I agree that this close to sailing, chances of a cabin change are slim. Having said that, I've sailed in a HC cabin a couple of times, and enjoyed the extra space. The bathroom is about half the size of the cabin, or double the normal bathroom, and the shower is GREAT with no ledge, and a folding seat that the lovely Mrs. Jones enjoyed. She said it made it so much easier to shave her legs! :rolleyes: Bottom line is that if you keep the HC cabin, enjoy it, with the knowledge that no one else aboard needed it! :D

"SKY"

Actually the HC cabin was the only ocean view left in the middle of the ship. So i had no choice but to take it, will be happy about it but just wish the suites weren't so freaking much money. O well. My boyfriend has never been on a cruise before so this will be his first time. Really wanted to make sure he loves it as much as me. This will be my 5th cruise. I am so hooked......:D

Just wondering if anyone has experience with being booked in a handicap room and not really needing it. i was just trying to get in the middle of the ship to avoid sea sickness. Just booked last minute a week ago. Cruise leaves out of charleston on october 20th which is very soon. Do I have a better chance of getting upgraded to a suite since there is no balconys? I would love it but couldnt afford a suite at the going rate. Has anyone had any experience with this situation before?

Thanks

I was booked in a handicap balcony but was bumped out of it. They just threw me into a balcony room, no upgrade for us :o(

Archived