Transportation from Seattle airport to downtown

72stang

Here is the phone number and website of Shuttle Express; they have car and van services. 425-981-7000.....http://www.ShuttleExpress.com. Have not used them personally, but see their shuttles everywhere around Washington.

We used Shuttle Express last year and it worked fine except that it took over an hour to get to our hotel. Everyone else was dropped off first. We also had to wait until there was a full van before we could leave. That took a while. It wasn't that bad because it was my first time in Seattle so I had a mini-tour of the downtown area. It was fairly inexpensive - $22 (plus tip)for 2 of us. It is also $22 for one person. The more people in your group the cheaper it is. For your group of 6 it should be a real bargain and you will fill the van so there should be very little wait. I have no idea if you can get a carseat in any sort of public transportation. You might have to bring your own.

Townepointe limousine took 5 of us including a toddler from the airport to our hotel and then from the pier to the airport. I emailed them to let them know I would need a car seat and they brought one both times. Although legally, I don't believe car seats are required in taxis, public transportation, etc. I highly recommend this company. Great communication and informative drivers. It was also nice to come back into town knowing that our ride was there waiting for us.

I pulled this from a Seattle hotel website. The ride from the airport to downtown is usually 30 minutes. There are plenty of cabs there so you won't need to reserve one.

Taxi Cabs:

All Seattle taxi cabs operate at the same rate, set by King County. $1.80 meter drop, $1.80 per mile. Extra person charges may apply. Taxi service, one way, from Sea-Tac Airport - estimated cost $36.00 - $42.00.

For more information on rates for local taxi service, visit: http://www.yellowtaxi.net/

Orange Cab........ (206) 522-8800

Yellow Cab......... (206) 622-6500

Actually the price is going up soon, so I'd plan on US$40 with tip for a large group to get from the airport to downtown or one of the cruise terminals (a couple of bucks cheaper for T31 - HAL/Princess.) $30 ought to do it for a couple with normal bags to a downtown (not Seattle Center or Lake Union) hotel.

You might need to wait a short time at the taxi stand at the airport (across skybridge to parking garage, down one level) for a van that can handle 6+.

And except in rush hour or before a sporting event downtown, 20 min. ought to handle it to downtown.

Archived