just returned from Carnival Splendor 7 day mexican riviera

crAZytwinmomma

We just returned - sailed the October Carnival Mexican Riviera 7 day cruise out of Long Beach stopping in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. It was myself, my hubby, our twin girls who are 5 1/2 and my inlaws.

We stayed in rm 9230 on the lido deck with a balcony and loved the room!

We had a fabulous time and Camp Carnvial was great too!

Here is a link to our photo journal and notes about our excursion experiences:

http://carnival************october2010.shutterfly.com/

HI craAZy - I see you are from Arizona too. We will be going on that same cruise in January. Did you drive out to Long Beach? If so, where did you park your car? We are thinking about going out on Saturday and taking advantage of a stay and cruise hotel near by. We parked at the pier one time and it was a mess. Any input is appreciated!

HI craAZy - I see you are from Arizona too. We will be going on that same cruise in January. Did you drive out to Long Beach? If so, where did you park your car? We are thinking about going out on Saturday and taking advantage of a stay and cruise hotel near by. We parked at the pier one time and it was a mess. Any input is appreciated!

Unless you are staying overnight at a hotel that has a stay and park special, then the only place to park is at the port. There are no off site parking lots. I agree it sucks. And it is still $15/day.

If you are going to drive try to book the Hilton long beach hotel call the and ask for the carnival rate not the park and sail. The rate should be 89.00 per night and includes parking. The have a limited amount of rooms for that rate It is cheaper than parking at the pier and very close the the ship. Go the day or night before that way you will not be tired from the drive.

We actually have family in Laguna Niguel, CA an hour's drive from the Long Beach port. We drove the day before - it took us 7 hours to get from our house to Laguna Niguel. We spent the night with family and drove into Long Beach the next day.

On the way back we drove straight through from Long Beach to home. It took us 8 hours on the way back.

If we didn't have family in CA, I would try to find a hotel (regardless if they have parking packages) just because I'd be too nervous about making the departure time IF something unexpected happened - plus I'd be just plain exhausted...not the way I'd want to start a vacation!

I know I found some info on hotels on this site or check in at the Arizona board...the posters there post a lot and are very informative/helpful :cool:

We had no problems parking in the port - even with our car top carrier. The fee was factored in our budget for the trip...we did end up gettingout later than we thought on the way back so we were charged a few bucks for the last day of parking too:rolleyes:

I am driving in from Surprise, AZ the day before the cruise (December 11.) With a gas and go stop, it usually takes me 5 hours. I am booked at the Long Beach Hilton for $94.00 with 7 days of parking and shuttle service. The hotel was booked on a stay and sail program special the hotel has with Carnival. Try booking with the hotel directly for faster service.

On the way back we drove straight through from Long Beach to home. It took us 8 hours on the way back.

Did you hit traffic? I wasn't planning on the ride being that long (I'm in Scottsdale). Might be the first and last time I drive to a port. Ugh. :eek:

I am driving in from Surprise, AZ the day before the cruise (December 11.) With a gas and go stop, it usually takes me 5 hours. I am booked at the Long Beach Hilton for $94.00 with 7 days of parking and shuttle service. The hotel was booked on a stay and sail program special the hotel has with Carnival. Try booking with the hotel directly for faster service.

This timeframe makes me feel better. :D I was thinking it would be about 6.5 for us.

Did you hit traffic? I wasn't planning on the ride being that long (I'm in Scottsdale). Might be the first and last time I drive to a port. Ugh. :eek:

We live in "San Tan Valley" which is the Pinal County side of Queen Creek, about SE valley as you can get;) Plus on the way home since we left later than anticipated we had to stop for lunch AND dinner (especially with kids).

My inlaws live in Surprise:)

Archived