Port Everglades Cruise Terminal Question.

CaptainDaddy

Sorry if this might be in the wrong section. I am trying to find out about the cruise terminal in Fort Lauderdale. I have never been there and will be passing through it next week. I'll be flying in to FLL and transfering to the ship by bus. I'd like to pick up some soda and beer for my stateroom and can't really bring it in my luggage. It would definately put me over the luggage weight allowance. Is there anywhere in the terminal where you an pick up a few things? If anyone can help me with this one I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll have to wait until the next day when we are in Key West. Thanks!

Sorry if this might be in the wrong section. I am trying to find out about the cruise terminal in Fort Lauderdale. I have never been there and will be passing through it next week. I'll be flying in to FLL and transfering to the ship by bus. I'd like to pick up some soda and beer for my stateroom and can't really bring it in my luggage. It would definately put me over the luggage weight allowance. Is there anywhere in the terminal where you an pick up a few things? If anyone can help me with this one I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll have to wait until the next day when we are in Key West. Thanks!

Unfortunately you'll have to wait for Key West where you'll have no problem finding what you need. ;)

Nothing really close to where Costa is. But, nothing says you can't drop your luggage, grab a cab, and go to a store. There are a few in the immediate area (farther than walking distance). Or you could just get a cab from the airport, instead of taking the bus, and have him stop at a store on the way to the pier.

Forget the transfer by bus to the Ft. Lauderdale pier, it is useless and wastes too much time in that city. A taxi is 10 minutes and $10.00 to the pier and you can go when you want, not when the bus decides to leave. Many people have written that they get a taxi and ask the driver to stop at a store. I think you may find that to be a better solution.

Don

It appears OP has purchased the transfer voucher from the cruise line. May as well save the cab fare.....almost all cruise lines prohibit bringing your own beer on board.....sodas OK.....

Happy cruising...

I didn't know Cruise lines didn't let people bring beer on. I know I have brought on a 6 pack occasionally and the people we did tours with two years ago brought on a case at a time. I know you can still bring on wine because I have done it on our last 4 or 5 cruises. We also usually bring on soda, we like diet Pepsi and all the ships sell is coke products.

Anyway there are places that you can get soda, beer and wine probably a mile or so away from the closest cruise terminal, which is near the Ft Lauderdale convention facility. But I'm not sure I would want to walk all the way there and back especially carrying anything heavy.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived